“Chain - Bland & tasteless”

El Chico Mexican Restaurants
Ranked #80 of 796 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth
“Chain - Bland & tasteless”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really did not like the food at El Chico - to bland & tasteless, but for lunch their specials are ok. Chips & salsa are average. Suggest you find something that is more TexMex unless you like bland, tasteless chain food.

Visited August 2013

Alexandria, Louisiana
“Not worth my money!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My friend was telling me that we were coming to this restaurant and i was pretty excited because i love Mexican food. But when i arrived, i noticed the run downed look and feel of the restaurant. It looked kind of dirty. I sat down and ordered some food, which was outrageously expensive. I paid 15 dollars for 2 enchiladas that were supposed to have chicken,avocado, and mushroom, but there was nothing but avocado in them. A nacho cheese bowl was 6 dollars! BUT i have to say the service was amazing! They kept up with our table and did a very nice job!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BestReviews101
Mansfield, Texas
“Food always comes out quick,hot & delicious.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been eating at El Chico in Arlington for many years. When I think of Mexican food, this is the first place that comes to mind.

They have an extensive combination menu. I usually have the Combination #1, Cheese & onion enchilada with chili con carne, a crispy beef taco, rice & refried beans. Delicious.

Service is always prompt and friendly and the food always comes out quick and hot. The place is always very clean.

The manager usually stops by your table to check on things and the staff are very attentive.

I would recommend this restaurant to all of my friends.

• Visited May 2013
Arlington, Texas
“One of the better Tex-Mex places around”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I agree that this restaurant needs some updating...it is old. However, I have had most of their food over the past several years and it has always been very good. I have tried all the other Arlington Tex-Mex places and really have to go to Ft. Worth or Dallas to beat this place.
Service is always top rate.

• Visited April 2013
Glendale, Ohio
“Always great Tex-Mex”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

No El Chico in south Texas, we miss it and visit here as often as possible to get our fix of great tex-mex food. Love those chip!

Visited April 2013