“Nice Place to Drink,not so much to eat!”
Review of El Arroyo

El Arroyo
Ranked #88 of 825 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 6, 2013

As many will say and will the owner it is all about his patio. He has spent many dollars on it and should be proud of it. This visit would have been just like most but David and Amy behind the bar were working great together all orders being filled quickly and with smiles. The food who knows what it takes to put flavor in there regular beef taco meat but they have not got it correct at all. M.E.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have been going to this local family owned restaurant for a few years. It is a great place for family and friends to meet. I love the outside bar and Amy J and David are a big part of the wonderful service on the outside patio bar. The food is always great!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had been going here for years, really for the nice patio...The food has never been good and drinks have been watered down, but the patio has always been fun, albeit noisy since it is on a main road. Recently, I took my girlfriend there. She is a vegetarian and the new menu didn't have any real veggie options. She adapted by ordering chicken tacos without the chicken and we told the waitress she was a vegetarian. When her meal arrived she got two rolled up tortillas with nothing in them as her "tacos". I asked for clarification and mentioned how there was nothing in the tortilla and the waitress replied in a snippy voice, "well, that's what you ordered". They charged 12 dollars for this. I asked to talk to the manager, and it took about 15 minutes for him to show up. I mentioned I had spent literally spent thousands of dollars there over the past few years, and I would hope that if a special request came about that his staff should be trained to guide us in the right direction. His response: "Being a vegetarian doesn't not fit our profit margin, at some point it comes down to dollars, and offering something vegetarian isn't worth it...you have to realize this is a bushiness".... all they had to do was grill some veggies for her and we would probably have gone back ten times by now. But instead they took two dollars off our meal of rolled up tortillas, and told us we weren't worth their business. When we left, I saw that same manager walking out back by the loading dock this was during prime dinner service and there were no deliveries. It really looked like he was just wondering around and not attending to the kitchen or his restaurant, which explained to me why it took him 15 minutes to come to our table. This is a very poorly run restaurant and the food is really bad. I really suggest going down the road a little to Rio Mambo, or any place else for that matter.

1  Thank prof520
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very good selection of great mexican food, along with super, ice cold beer, coupled with some awesome live entertainment from Channing Carpenter!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

stop by on another day.
We were greeted by an amiable hostess, but when I looked around , I noticed that the majority of the wait staff was very " Young" ! And not one Mexican waiter/waitress in sight. UT OH !

The Patron Silver Margarita and Dos Equis schooner were very good. Chips and salsa were actually well above good. Nice spicy Salsa with fresh ingredients.
I had the Javi Tacos beef with corn tortillas. Loaded with cilantro, with no sour cream and cheese to overcome the natural taco flavor. Quite good.
Also had the shrimp enchiladas which was also a good dish. No complaints about the food quality.
The service, as I mentioned, was ' young', and its shows, but a strong effort was put forth.
Its worth a stop for Mexican food .