“Good place to buy something cheap....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trader's Village

Trader's Village
Ranked #18 of 44 things to do in Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Traders Village opened in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1973. Millions of people have browsed, shopped and traded within the 160 acres filled with thousands of dealers offering a little bit of everything, all at bargain prices. Only at Traders Village can you stroll through literally thousands of shops, wheel and deal with the shop owners themselves and get the bargain of a lifetime. From paper clips to bulldozers, on any given weekend, you can find it at Traders Village
Miami, Florida
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 217 helpful votes
“Good place to buy something cheap....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

I never heard about this place but one day my friend took me there and showed it. I really like this place because it is too cheap then buying in regular market. Free price, bargain price and fresh food and stuffs. I loved to go there every weekend.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank MuranoG

Arlington, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“If you need socks this is hosiery Mecca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I do allot of running and I burn through socks so I stock up on 20 pairs for $10. Heck for $50 I don't ever have to do laundry again. LOL

If you have some time to burn this is exactly what it is a flea market. It's here for your Chinese throwing star and vulgar T-shirt needs.

Visited July 2011
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bargain Shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

The place had everything! We came for tires for our truck (which we got the exact same tires I saw at the dealer for half the price!), but also bought a mattress, a plant, and fresh fruit. It was set up like an average flea-market (so don't expect a retail mall), but much bigger. The crowd seemed to be a majority hispanic, but everyone spoke English too, of course.
From what I could see, everything in the covered areas was new and unused merchandise and overstock (like the matresses and tires), but there was another side of the market in the parking lot that was more like what you would find at your average garage sale. Used items, but super cheap prices.

We happened to arrive on Cajun Festival Day, and they had a Cajun party with crawfish, dancing, and a live band in the back "party expo". That was probably my favorite part.

I had a good time, and will definetly not be going anywhere else for tires thats for sure. But next time, I'm wearing walking shoes.

1 Thank JMOJenn
Arlington, TX
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Don't Waste Your Time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

I remember back when Trader's Village was fun, but don't waste your time nowadays. It's really trashy now.

3 Thank mom_in_dfw
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Eh...it's ok...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2008

I went to Trader's Village this past weekend & thought I'd write a review since I had a really hard time finding any detailed info about it online.

Parking is $3 per car & admission is free. The stores are set up more like stalls in a storage unit. You are pretty much walking zip-zag like down rows upon rows of open stall doors. You can definately find some good deals here & some unusual buys, but some of the stalls start to look the same the longer you're there. Some stalls sell nice stuff like new furniture & clothing, but others are just junky. There are also a lot of animals for sale here. We saw birds, puppies, rodents, chinchilas, hedgehogs, & suger gliders. Though everyone we know of who has bought a pet from the Village...the animal has been sick & died. :o( There was a whole other part of the "Village" to the west of the stalls that we didn't have the energy to tackle that day. It was all in a huge parking lot & looked more flea-markety. I would like to go back sometime to look at that part, but just didn't have the stamina this day. :o) BTW - none of the stalls we saw looked to take credit cards, so bring cash. Though some of the high-priced places did have lay-a-way. Also, if you are female, I woulnd't go here alone. It's in a pretty bad part of town & didn't really feel safe in general.

12 Thank grrl