“Classic BBQ and Texas Friendly Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, TX
“Classic BBQ and Texas Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This a good, solid BBG place in the great Texas tradition of such eateries. Portions are generous, flavor is primo, meat is tender, fries crisp, potato salad smooth yet crunchy. I go back every time I go by and go out of my way to do both as often as I can!

• Visited December 2012

Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Great dinerstyle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Found this place by accident when in Texas recently. Felt very welcome. Great food and amazing banana pudding. Very friendly staff and good prices. Food was delicous - what we expected as diner food. We enjoyed a great meal and soaked up the ambience.

• Visited October 2012
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Good BBQ, But this is TEXAS!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I gave these folks a try due to their location to Cowboys stadium. I had the 1/2 rack rib dinner which came with two sides. The ribs were good but a little on the dry side. The sauce leaned a little too much on the mustard side for my taste. The potato salad was excellant. It was the best part of the meal. I wanted bbq beans for my second side but they were out which really burst my bubble. Beans and BBQ just belong together on my plate. I tried the pecan pie for dessert. But it was simply just store bought and server cold. So it was nothing brag about. Overall my food was good. But I've just had way better in Texas.

• Visited October 2012
Bowling Green, KY
“Dirty place with avgerage food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This place is not clean at all. Floors are nasty ail ware was spotted and did not look clean. The bathrooms aren't Clean at all the walls are stained yellow. I will not return

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, TX
“Best B-B-Q Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Bodacious is a small Texas chain and each store is set in a very rustice setting. There are two stores in the DFW area - I patronize the one in Arlington on Division St. The two restaurants are owned by Fran and Mike Ruegsegger and they are often there helping to serve their customers. The baby back ribs are some of the best I have ever had; they are slow cooked in a smoker and need no sauce on them - truly delicious. The sliced beef is very good and may be enjoyed with or without the very tasty bar-b-que sauce. Other meats available are hot links (very tasty) and smoked chicken or turkey breast. Available side items are potato salad, cole slaw and b-b-que beans. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone; great place to take the kids.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Bodacious Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!