“Best Chicken I've ever had”
Review of Chop House Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

Chop House Steak & Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The restaurant I haven't tried yet, but his "backdoor" chicken is the best in the world. You can find it online as well, the "Back Door Bootleg Bacon Fried Chicken Meal" is a local favorite. You pull up BEHIND the restaurant, where the loading doors are, and ring the bell. Hand the person that opens the door $20, and in 5 minutes, you will be in heaven. Bacon fried chicken, jalapeno biscuits, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted ears of corn. All designed by a chef. It's the best chicken I've ever had, and for $20, is the best deal!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have struggled with writing this review at all because me and my neighbors SSSOOO wanted this restaurant to "do it" for us because we can walk to the location. Our waiter Jimbo (James the 3rd) was competent however when he can back 20 minutes after taking our appetizer order to tell us that they had run out of what we had ordered, it was a bit disconcerting and we felt our high hopes running out the back door.

They served us bread to "pacify our hunger," four pieces of bread with one small pat of butter. We had ordered the "locally sourced" smokey tomato soup, not realizing that locally sourced meant "scarce" because we were served a little less than 8 oz for $5.95. The flavor was not exactly what it had been talked up to be.

Our Big Bleu salad had very little Bleu cheese unfortunately. Our sauteed mushrooms were quartered, which is a really weird "forking" experience, they were salt laden and had way too much tarragon. We could not tell if the zucchini that was on our plate was a garnish or supposed to be edible, it was one large, thick slice, not very cooked (if at all) and unseasoned.

GREAT news: the steak was delicious and done to perfection.

I really wanted to rate this a little less, but this restaurant can bring up the food and service to what it needs to be in order to make it. Oh, please add some ambiance to the outside, it looks very run down.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I met a friend for dinner on a Saturday evening based upon a recommendation. I was surprised that this restaurant was less than half full but pleased that we didn't have to wait for a table. The food and service was very good. I thought the decor was pleasing. I had the 18 oz Cowboy Rib Eye with a baked potato. It was tender and juicy (medium rare) but pricey at $30. We will return, but not often due to the $91 tab for three.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We all had steak. My wife and I had beef tenderloin (Anthony). Very good with a loaded baked potato. Our friends had prime rib very medium rare and Delmonico steak. The blue cheese butter on the Delmonico was too much. The bartender was also good, but Travis made our meal very pleasant.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Ok the food was real good, but all I have to say in a positive tone. This restaurant had the worst
Service we have ever experienced. They were very friendly and then they got lost, it's in a old strip mall and very cheap decor. I would not ever go back, go in for dinner and get served breakfast. That's slow slow service.