“Good food and very reasonable !!!”

Tandoor Indian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #45 of 866 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited here after our trip to Six flags. We were looking for Jain food and they didn't let us down. Food was very good and freshly made. Prices were reasonable and portions were adequate. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Many years ago I took my wife to this restaurant. She didn't like Indian and I thought it was very good. Now she likes Indian and we went back and both liked it.

The strongest aspect of this restaurant is that all of the food has an excellent rich and unusual flavor. The naan bread is the best I ever had. It is also extremely inexpensive, about $7.00 for a weekday lunch buffet. It reminded me of the kind of old time authentic eatery you might find in Hong Kong that hasn't been remodeled in a century. In fact, the center it's in has the same look. To me, that was part of the charm. During our.lunch a "Maharaja on his day off" looking guy kept peeping in and out of the kitchen. More charm.

My fear is that this restaurant won't be around much longer, despite the fact that they've been around for 20 years that I know about. My suggestion would be to offer specials coordinated with nearby sporting events including transportation to and back in a gaudy bus. I would also offer a variety of heat levels for those of us so inclined. The buffet had no identifiable heat.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant many times over the last 10 years, maybe more. The food is excellent. My daughter usually gets the chicken tika masala (I probably spelled that wrong). I usually get the Biryani Rice with beef, it is so very good. Seasoned to perfection. The beef they use is very tender. They have the best mango lassi. The naan bread is perfect. Besides the plain, they also have some with raisin, potato, cheese. So good. Very fresh. There is actually someone making the naan fresh as you dine. The atmosphere is perfect, the music isn't too loud. The buffet is very good and reasonably priced. I don't know how they make any money on the buffet, it's probably a loss leader.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

one of our favorite places to eat in Arlington, a must try if you're the area. great value, excellent food

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant at least once a month for sometime now. The service and food is always consistanlty good. Tonight I tried a new dish for the first time - Beef Punjabi - excellent! I cant say enough about this place and this is what keeps us going back.