“Gracias”

Abuelo's
Ranked #19 of 818 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Catering is also an option, our staff are adept at delivering a professional, hassle-free and delicious meal. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

A great afternoon of margueritas and good mexican food. Thanks for the warmest welcome to Texas!!! We unpacked and decided we were too close to the border not to try this one...it was good!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I am from California and we have our share of Mexican restaurants. I love Mexican food and eat it several times a week. The in-laws live in Arlington and have been going here for quite a while and rave about it, so off we went. The outside looks like an upper end restaurant. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. We sat in the bar for dinner, which is a really good option. I ordered Taqueria Style Tacos (carnitas) which come with two sides. I chose refried beans and their "Papas Con Chile" which are potatoes with peppers and cheese....unusual for Mexican food. Wow, they were great and the best choice ever! The entire meal was delicious. I had a special Silver Margarita that had fruit in it and was to die for. I wish I lived in Arlington, Texas, because I would eat here at least once a week!

2  Thank HavingFun22
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband, son and I had a late lunch (2 pm) on Friday, the first of August. We drove straight from the airport to satisfy our craving for the kind of Mexican food that you cannot get in Miami, Fl. I chose Abuelos after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, expecting typical TexMex combinations. Instead, our first meal in Texas after a two-year absence was sublime. The menu offered unusual appetizers, numerous choices and combinations. The meals all had fresh ingredients, flavorful sides, (perfect consistency and very tasty refried beans) carefully-crafted sauces. The service was excellent. The only suggestion we have is to remove the black beans in the Tortilla Soup. The beans by themselves have a pungent flavor that overpowers the delicious broth which is obviously home-made. Muchas gracias, Abuelos!

1  Thank E S
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I am seeing a common theme..lack of service. We have been going here since they opened over 17 years ago. It is our favorite Mexican restaurant here. They have the best queso..best pineapple cilantro salsa and enchiladas. But service has been horrible the past few years. We are going to drive and try a different Abuelos location. Also..be aware there have been several car break ins here over the past couple of years, so Don't leave anything valuable in your car and lock up.

2  Thank SmurfySmurfette80
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Been to ABUELOS's Many times and it has always been an enjoyable, consistent experience.dly

Always a Friendly Greeting by the Hostess Staff .

Our server Lorenza was friendly, kind, hospitable and accommodating.

Crispy light and thin warm Chips with 3 types of Salsa to begin for your table. I asked for Picante Caliente in addition, and believe me it was !
2 Mucho Margarita's and a Schooner of Dos Equis as well.

Entree's were the Chimichanga ( Beef) and Two Enchiladas, Shredded beef and Carnitas.
BOTH were served hot and delicious as usual.

The only Mexican food that I have had better is in authentic Mom & Pop Family owned establishments.

Most always a " Thankyou" when you leave from the staff.

Total Bill : $49.86 which was very reasonable. $ 65.00 with tip for two persons.

I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Ric C