“Best Mexican Food”

Abuelo's
Ranked #14 of 801 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Catering is also an option, our staff are adept at delivering a professional, hassle-free and delicious meal. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Granbury, Texas
“Best Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This Chain was started in West Texas and the Panhandle.The wait staff is trained very throughly and the food is the best .I have been to several of the locations and they have all been excellent.My family always compares any Mexican Food restaurant to Abuelo 's when we eat at another place.Abuelo's is the "Gold Standard"

• Visited March 2013

Hanson, Massachusetts
“Awesome Tex-Mex”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We loved this restaurant. We are big fans of fajitas, and this restaurant didn't disappoint. According to my daughter, the fajitas were even better than Meme's! Meme's used to be the best. We had both steak and chicken, and if I had to pick a favorite I would say the chicken was better. Drinks were good too, and they have a happy hour with pretty good drink specials. The burrito I had was great too!

Gatesville, Texas
“Nice, but didn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I went to Abuelo's for dinner with our two year old son. The chips and variety of dips they served as you ordered was very nice. The atmosphere was lovely, the decor and ceiling made it seem as though we were dining on a patio. Our server was helpful and informative, and our food arrived quickly. They were helpful with my son, bringing him milk in a cup with a lid and straw.

That said, the food was unexceptional. It was covered with cheese and the whole lot was oily.

Arlington, Texas
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love, Love, Love their Chicken Tortilla soup! Bar staff is always great & they remember what I like. The restaurant itself is a beautiful property & you should visit just for that! : ) Thank you for making our date nights great!

Austin
“Great stop while you are in Arlington”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Love the food and service in this restaurant. I got the burrito grande and my spouse and kids got the fajita plate. All the food was fresh and hot and the service was good.

I will go back next time that in am in Arlington even if is a little to far from Six Flag.

Visited March 2013