“Hidden jewel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Denton, Texas, United States
“Hidden jewel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were sitting in the middle of the road between Taco Bell & Airways...it was then we discovered we didn't want Taco Bell and pulled in to Airways lol. I've seen this place before, but have never tried it. Burgers are awesome...I had one that had Thousand Island & chili.Make sure you check out the old photo of the couple in the field over by the straws lolol....!! =)

• Visited March 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“Must have caught them on a bad day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was there about 12:30. But you would have thought it was end of shift the way the staff was dragging. There were two people in front of me and it seemed to take forever for the young lady at the counter to take even the simplest orders.
Having worked in burger joints through most of my youth in the 60's and early 70's I LIKED the old-school method of taking orders on hand written slips. But if you are going to do it that way -- you have to be on the ball -- get it jotted down and get it to the cook and get the customer on their way.
The burger itself was fair to good. It was a thin patty (quite fitting with the 'diner' atmosphere) but LARGE. And they were cooked fresh by a cook who clearly had been playing this game for a long time. I would have given the burger itself 4.5 stars
The fries, though - were almost burned on the outside and mushy on the inside and they were a strange MIX of regular cut and crinkle cut. They would get a 1.5 - maybe 2.
I liked the decor but the best I can give the ambience is 2 thanks to the blaring of the tv.
Turn the tv off and replace it with a jukebox -- and you get a 5.
Like any review -- this one is totally subjective.
Your impression might be totally different. And I would not discourage anyone from trying it for themselves.
And I will probably go back at least once more --- ANY place can have a bad day.
I know I have had my share.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
“Is this thing on?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Sitting in the drive thru now, speaker for the drive thru either didn't work or they ignored it..drive thru to the window and just when I'm ready to pull away they finally come to the window.

Acting annoyed she asked if I've been helped. The parking lot isn't packed..not sure why the delay but whatevs. The sandwich I ordered was the #20..I want expecting chicken tenders on a bun but it was ok. Only mayo and tomato makes for a bland sandwich, I don't like rabbit food on my sandwiches so I asked them to hold the lettuce. The fries are good and I maybe eat fries once or twice a year. The sandwich was pretty greasy but the chicken is deep fried so I can't hold that against them.

Not a big red meat eater..but I sure hope the burgers are better..I don't think I'll be going back.

Fort Worth
“Always Good Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place does not get much attention but makes a excellent burger. The burgers + fries + drive are a great value and always good. Not a huge mammoth burger but just enough to make you want another.

Visited August 2013
Cordova, Tennessee
“Good Fresh Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stumbled upon this place after touring the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Everything is cooked and/or made once you place your order. The place is not that attractive, however it was inexpensive and good. Its not the best burger in the world but it is good. The patties appear to be pre-made(I was expecting real ground beef, not a pre-made patty. The milk shake would have been very good if it were a bit thicker(you may have to request). It tasted just like bluebell homemade vanilla. Kids serving was the same an adult serving. Overall everyone was pleased and we left full, didnt even eat again that night!

• Visited July 2013