“Much better than past visits” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mac's Bar & Grill

Mac's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 792 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Little Road/Green Oaks
Texas
“Much better than past visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We arrived at 4:30 pm on the Saturday of Father's Day weekend to a totally empty parking lot. As we walked to the front door another couple arrived and we both questioned whether the restaurant was even open; it was. We were the only two parties seated in the entire restaurant and only one table separated us so you would think we could both be waited on...NOPE! The other party had their drink order taken and we sat their for ten minutes until my husband went looking for wait staff. A manager showed up at our table with our soon to be wonderful waiter Shawn. The manager apologized and said he had all his wait staff prepping in the back for a busy evening...OK! Just a side note that the owner was there too and we still had to wait for a drink order. I must say once the dining experience started we did have great service and great food. I am a little baffled that on a $130 check (two dine in meals, two cocktails, and two to go meals for family) that they would actually charge us for a loaf of bread for the to go orders ($2.75). I didn't mind paying, but they already charge you for salad that accompanies your meal and my to go order was almost $50, so it felt like we were being nickeled and dimed. I would not have given this experience four stars if it had not been for the wonderful food and that Shawn did a much better job then his manager did.

• Visited June 2012

Dallas,TX
“Good Service, Okay Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

The food was okay. I had the Chicken Picatta. I had to add salt and pepper, something I try to avoid, as I love natural seasoning. I agree with another reviewer, that the place lack spark. As I only went once, I need to go again in order to see if this was a one time occurrence.

• Visited February 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“First time not 100% happy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Ate here recently ... For the first time ever, we were not completely thrilled with our meal. Steaks were over done, my chicken dish was not hot, salad was not refilled and tea was not refilled .. Waiters were visiting in large group at back instead of keeping customers served!

Dallas, Texas
“Nice place - good food - unremarkable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is a good place to go for a quick drink and/or appetizers. The food is good, people are nice, and prices are reasonable.

This place just lacks the spark of a bustling, fun, restaurant atmosphere. Maybe this is a gathering place for third-year accounting students.

With so many choices in the area, there is just no compelling reason to go to Mac's again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent Food, Especially the Salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

The food at Mac's is excellent across the board. The flavors tend toward Cajun cooking, but there are a variety of other dishes on the menu. The house salad with fresh blue cheese crumbles and cherry tomatoes is wonderful, and it is made to share with unlimited refills. The service is always friendly, too.

• Visited April 2012