“Appetite and Ambiance” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Mondo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 792 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Collins
Arlington, Texas
“Appetite and Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Neatly nestled in a North Arlington strip center where Whole Foods is the anchor, is a restaurant that satisfies everything one looks for in a restaurant. Great food, good service and great atmosphere. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but once inside its hard to believe you just walked into a classic upscale Italian restaurant. The piano is situated in the center of the waiting area. Our food was served with warm bread and soft butter (you can't find that combo often). Once we ordered food, the salads come out within five minutes. The musician played recognizable classics as we waited for our food. The food arrived about 15 minutes later and we were all pleased with our selections. Some menu items are a little pricey but the Italian favorites (lasagna, spaghetti) are reasonably priced. This place is a can't miss.

• Visited June 2014

“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Nestled between an eyeglass and UPS store in a strip shopping center is this restaurant.  What with the shutters closed and the entry way rather dark it looks like it is closed.  However, when one opens the door it's like entering a little bit of Italy.  There is a musician playing a piano and the decor is reminiscent of an Italian Villa.  The tables have white table cloths and black napkins.  That atmosphere only sets the stage for some delicious food.  A wide ranging menu will provide anyone with enough choices to satisfy any palate.   The food is excellent, and the service impeccable.  I’ve often thought that a restaurant in a strip shopping center would offer mediocre food and poor service, boy was I wrong.

Palestine, TX
“Great value, taste, and portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a well-run establishment. Very good menu. Great service. We sampled all sorts of items from the menu. Everything from the appetizers to the desserts was delicious. Our hotel recommended this place and it was an excellent recommendation. I had one of the more expensive items on the menu ($38) and it was worth EVERY penny.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Keller, Texas
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in the DFW area. I have been going there for many years. There was an advertisement in my hotel room when I came to DFW to interview for a job in 1997. We tried it and loved it. The beef medallions with peppercorn sauce is the best menu item I have ever tasted on a restaurant menu.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Nice Place - Consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my second visit to this restaurant and I have found the food and service very consistent. I had the special chicken marsala for lunch, which came with a bow tie pasta. The chicken was just a little dry, but the sauce made up for the dryness. The pasta was nicely cooked and was quite yummy.

We have found the service to be very good to excellent. This place as an OK wine menu. It's not rocking your wine world, but it's much better than 90% of the other restaurants around. I also had a side caesar salad. I found the dressing to be a little different than most caesar dressings but fine, none the less.

As always, I ask myself would I return to this place. The absolute answer is yes! This is a decent place and consistent in my book. Give this place a try.

• Visited March 2014