“Great place to eat”
Review of Piccolo Mondo

Piccolo Mondo
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Mondo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 801 Restaurants in Arlington
Cross street: Collins
Keller, Texas
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in the DFW area. I have been going there for many years. There was an advertisement in my hotel room when I came to DFW to interview for a job in 1997. We tried it and loved it. The beef medallions with peppercorn sauce is the best menu item I have ever tasted on a restaurant menu.

• Visited April 2014

“Nice Place - Consistent”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my second visit to this restaurant and I have found the food and service very consistent. I had the special chicken marsala for lunch, which came with a bow tie pasta. The chicken was just a little dry, but the sauce made up for the dryness. The pasta was nicely cooked and was quite yummy.

We have found the service to be very good to excellent. This place as an OK wine menu. It's not rocking your wine world, but it's much better than 90% of the other restaurants around. I also had a side caesar salad. I found the dressing to be a little different than most caesar dressings but fine, none the less.

As always, I ask myself would I return to this place. The absolute answer is yes! This is a decent place and consistent in my book. Give this place a try.

• Visited March 2014
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Calamari Sticks anyone?”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I ended up here on the suggestion of my co-worker, it was relatively close to the hotel and when I checked tripadvisor the reviews seemed decent. What a mistake. The waiter was nice enough, and honestly, I think that is why I went with 3 stars here. I ordered a 1/2 carafe of chianti. Now, I know not to expect the best when I order a house wine in a carafe. I do expect it to be decemnt enough that I'm not making a face when i drink it. Well, I made it through and forced my colleague to choke some of it down too. We ordered calamari to start. I seriously thought it was mozzarella sticks when they brought it. It was cut into these weird bars. No rings, no tentacles. That was just weird. It was tough, but that actually happens a lot of places with frozen calamari. I ordered bolognese. I suppose it wasn't terrible, but it really wasn't very good either. My co-worker got eggplant parm, which he said was pretty good, but it's pretty hard to mess that up.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rachelle G
Ottawa
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had read great reviews about Piccolo's but were a bit turned-off when we saw it was located in a strip mall. However, when we went inside, it was very cozy and intimate. Service was fantastic, Miguel took good care of us. Delicious food, delicious wine. We would recommend for a nice night out and would return.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank laughinglady
“Powdered parmesan- quality and price are a mismatch...”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Service was very bad. Waiter confused about wine and messed a lot of things up but joked on all the tables about it being his first night. The food was tasteless and overpriced. They had ok cracked pepper or fresh Parmesan (I even have that at home) provided with a powdered cheese with a spoon- classy. The house wine is cheap and 12.50 per glass. Seriously read the reviews before heading in- most of them agree with me. I'll let you know if I get food poisoning tomorrow.

• Visited January 2014