“History with it's secrets”
Review of Top O'Hill Terrace

Top O'Hill Terrace
Ranked #2 of 48 things to do in Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: "Known As Vegas Before Vegas" Decorative wrought iron gates flanked by native sandstone guard towers lend an aura of mystery of mystery and intrigue to the location of what was in the 1930s and 40s, a gambling ground rich and adventurous, mischievous,famous and infamous.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Vickie Bryant makes history interesting and the tour is well worth one's time if in the Arlington Tx. area.Hopefully Vickie will have the time for a side trip to a cemetery which is also very interesting. I do not want to spoil the surprise .Enjoy. I know our group did

2  Thank Vicki W

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

If you are in the area and have never heard of this place it is a must see for anyone. Vicki gave such detailed information that she made us feel we were actually taking part in a blast from the past. We are already spreading the word to anyone who will listen and encouraging them to make this a definite part of their Dallas vacation.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

A lot of people pass Arlington Baptist College every day and pay no attention. What a shame! Because this is a location with a truly unique history.

Before it was a school, it was a notorious gambling house. Something right out of the movies--hidden gambling tables, escape tunnels, gangsters, the whole shebang.

Take the tour--it's the best $5 you'll ever spend--and learn the details of this once-notorious spot.

As an added bonus, it's a lovely view from the top; easy to see why it was picked. If you have time, wander around a little and imagine the place at its peak (pun intended), with movie stars, horsemen, girls of ill repute and men of worse repute all milling about. Amazing!

For the record, I attended a wedding there a long time ago (Robin, if you ever read this, I hope you're still married), and had no idea of the location's past.

2  Thank ScottRLucado
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have lived in the DFW metroplex most of my life and never new Top O'Hill Terrace existed until just a few weeks ago, when my brother mentioned he had taken the Top O'Hill Terrace tour in Arlington and found it absolutely fascinating. So fascinating that he booked another tour for our entire extended family to go see it, AND his family again!. We all had a fabulous time. Vivian is an absolute delight and probably the funniest Preacher's Wife you will ever meet. The presentation was very well done and extremely interesting. I had no idea Arlington, had been Vegas, before it was Vegas! And it really was. Lots of very famous and infamouse characters passed through those halls, tunnels and grounds. I do wish more of the area had been excavated to reveal treasures and tunnels lost to time, however the tour was great overall and I would highly recommend visitors to North Texas swing by and take the tour. They currently ask for just a 5$ donation for the tour, but once you see the incredibly history of the place, you'll probably donate more like we did. If you have any memories, pictures, stories, or memerobilia from the early days of Top O'Hill Terrace, be sure and bring them to show off and help share the history of this richly historical place. //CB

2  Thank Craig B
Reviewed April 27, 2014

There is no telling how many times in my life I have driven past Top O’ Hill Terrace and had no idea what actually happened here. If you love Gangsters, Cowboys, Outlaws, and everything else in-between then you want to go take a tour. There are very few places that I’ve been that have this much history and such a unique story. If you are anywhere close then you will want to come by and get a tour. Not bad for a suggested $5.00 donation.

3  Thank Nathan E