“The manager redeemed our visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Mesa Grill

Blue Mesa Grill
Ranked #54 of 796 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“The manager redeemed our visit”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would have given one star because my meal came out burned and after returning it, the second one came out even worse. They got my food off the buffet that had closed about 30 minutes before we arrived. When the manager found out what had happened, he immediately ordered me something else and made sure it came out right. I would return just because of him. We were impressed that he took responsibility and tried to make it right! Kudos to him.

“The worse place ever”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We waited and were excited for the new Blue Mesa to open. When we finally got to go, we were very disapointed. First off we were seated in the cold and dreary overflow area when there were plenty of seats available in the main area. The food was terrible. The sweet potato chips were chewy and rubbery. The food tasted off. Not your traditional mexican food. The prices were way to high for the quality of food served. We will never go back.

Arlington, Texas
“good”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

great queso, loved the fajitas, service was very good, my wife got the blue corn enchiladas and the street tacos, she loved it too, keep up the good work

Visited April 2013
Arlington, TX
“Great Addition to Arlington!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

While no stranger to Blue Mesa, this was my first visit to their Arlington location. Suffice it to say that I wasn't disappointed. The chips were excellent as always and the sweet potato chips are addictive. However, I am a huge fan of Chile Rellenos and I had the Blue Corn Chile Relleno stuffed with pulled pork. It was different from most Chile Rellenos that you'll find but it was excellent. The outside was a crisp crust of blue corn and it was full of pulled pork which is a nice change from the cheese that is used in most Chile Rellenos. (But cheese is available for a filling if you prefer it.) The chile itself had a good flavor that worked well with the pulled pork.

Blue Mesa is not inexpensive but the food is always different from traditional Tex-Mex and it's worth the price. The location is very convenient to the Ballpark, Cowboys Stadium and, most importantly to me, from my home! I'll be back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mike S
Arlington, Texas
“Bad mesa”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Disinterested waitress, followed by incorrect order and inedible food. Even worse, the "smoky" black beans tasted like they had dirt in them, and the margarita was very weak (if it had been stronger, maybe I wouldn't have noticed all of the food and service flaws). Not sure what the deal is, since every other Blue Mesa in the Metroplex (and I even include the one at DFW airport in this) is just fine and/or better-than-fine. It could be that the Arlington Blue Mesa just hasn't been open very long, but I think it's just that they don't give a damn.