“Good, but!!!!!”

Las Ranitas
Ranked #149 of 815 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant here on Trip Advisor. With only 3 reviews we still felt compelled to give it a try. Nice little strip mall restaurant. Food was very good. Service was very good. Prices were good. The entire time we we at our table I was killing tiny little bugs on the table. Not sure what they were or where they came from bu they were bugs just the same. I hope someone will look into this and I will push that hope. If I wanted bugs I would have eaten outside. As the evening passes I am hopeful we both stay healthy. I did shower immediately after returning home.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wife and I enjoy coming here for lunch from time to time. She always gets beef fajitas, and I get the layered dip ("empalmadito"). They sort of nickel and dime you with "extras," such as sour cream and shredded cheese that most other places would include, but it's hard to complain about the price. I really like the empalmadito but always order it without the salsa because that sort of seems like a "cheater" layer since they already bring chips and hot sauce for free.

I would recommend this place for lunch but lunch only—I have a coworker who insists the neighboring pool hall (which is actually connected via the inside) gets quite shady as the night wears on.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We eat here quite often. My husband loves this place. The steak ranchero is great. For a low carb option they have a grilled chicken breast with grilled squash. The chicken was really juicy and tender which surprised me. Try the shrimp nachos. Yummy!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I cannot express how much I love Las Ranitas. Don't be fooled by their website, the menu is in both English and Spanish when you arrive. You seat yourself and are promptly offered beverages. Their chips and salsa (one salsa ramekin per person!) are really good. The chips seem homemade as does the salsa. I had a chicken enchilada and a beef fajita taco with rice and beans. They have some of the best refried beans I have ever eaten (great for dipping with the chips!). The rice is also very good. I have not ordered one thing here that I didn't love. They are priced very fairly and service is good. You do go up to the front to pay. I highly recommend Las Ranitas!