“Cornered the market”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I have always said that if we had any money to invest in an entrepreneurial way it would be an adult restaurant with adult drinks, but with something for kids. Why must McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A, and dare I even mention Chuck E Cheese, own the market on having indoor entertainment for kids with a restaurant decent enough for mom and dad?
Trail Dust, with a simple slide, has cornered the market in the DFW mid-cities, in my mind, and the minds of our 3 and 6 year olds. Outside of the forementioned fast food mainstays, Trail Dust is the only restaurant name they recite as wanting to go to.
This is 3- or 4-star cuisine, steaks and bar-b-q, decent enough, at reasonable prices. Our kids love it, and we're just thrilled to have an alternative to those other places. The bar-b-q will not win any blue ribbons but is cooked right and tender. Maybe the best thing on the menu is an appetizer that is a cheese-stuffed jalapeno wrapped in bacon then grilled. We have not had a bad meal here, the service is friendly, and thankfully so. Our kids always want to go here.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

What a GREAT PLACE!!!!! Service was EXCELLENT!!!! The kids and adults alike got to ride the slide, listen to the band and have an all around AWESOME TIME!!!! Since we were on vaca we decided to get the 50 ounce porterhouse that was available and split it as a family as well as share with the table it was melt in your mouth delicious!!! Definitely a night to remember! !!!!! FUN FUN FUN! !!!!

1  Thank Keepongo
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with the family while on the DFW area on a Friday night. I waited about 5-7 mins for a table. Friendly staff; live country music with a dance floor; 2 story building with a slide that connects the top and bottom floor and opens every time that the live band takes a break (all ages can use the slide); the bar is away from the dining area; steaks are cooked over a hardwood fire. I was expecting a juicy full of flavor medium steak, instead I got an average overpriced steak. Overall experience was good; it is for sure an unique steakhouse!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Steaks were great, waitress was awful. A little league team was sliding down the Huge slide, they were having a blast, but were screaming their heads off. Loved the fire pit. My spinach dip was thick and chips were not crisp, but I still left a decent tip.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could speak to the quality of food, however I never got the chance to even order the food. The waiter brought me a Coke and a menu but I didn't see him again till I left 10 minutes later.