“First Time for My Family!”
Review of Trail Dust Steak House - CLOSED

Trail Dust Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I have been here several times and have always enjoyed each trip. My parents have recently relocated to the area and we told them they must try it. We asked that they don't judge a book by its cover. The "big red barn" of an exterior does show some age, but also some character. The highlight is always to see the smile on the face of my 4 year old as he comes down the slide over and over again. I have ordered the "top hand" sirloin each time and it has always been cooked to my liking of medium. I have always enjoyed the ambiance the live music has provided. I find enjoyment in the local places that know their customer and their niche. This is definitely not the finest restaurant in the DFW area, but if you are in the area I strongly recommend a stop in for a true Texas experience.

stacyzamora, General Manager at Trail Dust Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy you have shared the Trail Dust with your family! For us guest satisfaction is job #1 and we are so happy to hear your visit with us was an enjoyable one! Trail Dust has been a local favorite for over 40 years and we are happy to carry on this tradition of good food and a great family dinning experience. We hope you will come back and see us again real soon partner!

Arlington, Texas

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our waiter Miguel was awesome, the food was amazing, band was great and it had such a great family atmosphere with the slide and dance floor!!! Me and my family loved it and will be going back in the future!!!

1  Thank NickiSims
stacyzamora, General Manager at Trail Dust Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy to hear that Miguel took such great care of you while you were in as our guest! We take great pride in our food and staff here at the Trail Dust and are so happy that it shows! One of the unique things about Trail Dust is that you can bring the family and still have a boot scootin time! We look forward to having you in again real soon as our guest!

Arlington,Texas

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Outstanding steaks, great music and a fun dance floor. Don't wear a tie or they will cut it off and put it on the wall. This is the last of a chain of Trail Dust Steak Houses and like the one that used to be in Dallas complete with a slide. it is a fun place to go eat and maybe do a little boot scootin or buckle rubbin to live country western music.

2  Thank LynnanGlynn

Dear Valued Guest,

You are certainly right we are the last Trail Dust! We are proud to say we are still serving great steaks and keeping up with all the fun Trail Dust traditions like cutting off ties, the 2 story slide and yes Great Live music you can always dance to! Thank you so much for coming out and being our guest! We hope to see you again real soon partner!

Arlington, Texas

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Perfect evening before Alabama whipped Michigan, great steak as usual, and got to introduce a young family in Plano to a true Texas steak. Good band also, forget the name but not the night.

stacyzamora, General Manager at Trail Dust Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad you shared the Trail Dust with your friends! We are very thankful for all our guest and we really appreciate when a guest takes the time to let us know how we are doing. The Montana Band plays with us every Friday and Saturday Night! We hope to have you again soon as our guest! We will get the grill hot for ya

Arlington, TX

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was introduced to Trail Dust thirty years ago when visiting Dallas three to four times a year, on business. It is still a winner!!! Traditional Texas family dining with great steaks and barbecue. Different bands every night and the the welcoming service I remember from the past. My chicken fried steak and Shiners beer was every bit as good as it was, back then. Whole families come out for supper, music and dancing. Ice cold Shiners complete the picture of a traditional Texas BBQ roadhouse. Our group had a memorable evening. Luckily, I didn't have a tie to be "clipped" on this trip.

stacyzamora, General Manager at Trail Dust Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

One of our most favorites things about Trail Dust are the lasting memories our guest have whether it was last week or 30 years ago. Trail Dust would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent visit with us. We are so happy you were able to make it out for dinner while in town visiting. We will keep the steaks hot and the beer cold for your next visit. We encourage you to wear a tie and join the fun of getting it cut off and hung on our trophy wall!