“Great Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Family friendly casual dining
Description: Family friendly casual dining
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I eat here as often as I am in Arlington. They have excellent breakfast burritos in the morning. Also I have had their chicken tortilla soup. It is some of the best I have ever had. Once you have your meal then you can go pick out your desert. They have lots of the items they bake on display for you to go purchase. Everyone needs to try this place.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fish tacos, burrito and Barbacoa, were great, chips good, yellow cheese dip really bland and watery. Service was good but the atmosphere leaves lots to be desired, unless you just like the view of cowboy stadium. More store with a few tables added. Order at the counter then they bring it to your table. Prices were very reasonable, three of us got stuffed for $21 including drinks and took some home. Beans were not so great, same crappy yellow cheese on them.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

If I were rating this just as a bakery it would be higher, and if I were rating it just as a restaurant it would be lower. I like Marquez’s Mexican-style baked goods. They taste just like pastries I’ve bought in Mexico, though their texture is a little less “heavy.” This is also one place that I’m able to buy the pan de polvo cookies that I love, and that I missed when I moved out of the state for two decades. But I’m not as enthusiastic about the food they serve as a restaurant. A lot of people obviously disagree with me, as they can be quite crowded on weekend mornings. The last time I was there was on a Sunday morning, and the place was packed. We had to wait a little bit for a table to be available after placing our order at the counter. When we’d eaten here before, the food had been neither good nor bad, just ordinary. We decided to eat here again since it was a convenient place to get breakfast on the way to where we would be spending the day. This time, the food was disappointing. I ordered chicken tacos. There is a choice of soft or crispy tacos, and I ordered soft. Tacos come served with lettuce, tomato, and cheese on them, and have rice and beans as sides. Everything was completely flavorless. I could detect no seasoning in any of it, not even any garlic. My husband said his machacado was the same way. There was very little meat in the tacos and portions weren’t very large. I found myself hungry again shortly after leaving. The food is inexpensive and would be ok if you just want something that doesn’t cost much, but if you want something that actually tastes good, this isn’t the place. In the future, I’ll still go there for the baked goods, but I’ll get my meals somewhere else.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

An y mexiican restaurant that charges for chips & salsa does not warrant a return trip. My combo was plate @ $7.50 had one taco, one enchilada & one tamale + beans & rice, but was small, skimpy and left me still hungry. Although it came with tortillas, I had to request them. Pass on the restaurant side & go for the authentic bakery & to-go tamales for the holidays.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place is easy to miss but if you do, you're missing some of the best Mexican food around. Years ago I went in to buy some tortillas (They truly are a tortilla factory.) and discovered that they also have a restaurant. They serve a full breakfast lunch and dinner for eat-in or carry-out. My favorites for breakfast are the machacado and egg burritos and for lunch or dinner you can't beat the chicken chilaquiles. They also do catering and have a wide selection of pastries and make cakes to order for any occasion. The people are friendly and the prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Michael S