“A Good Experience and Good Food!”
Review of Spice India - CLOSED

Spice India
Cuisines: Indian
Arlington, Texas
“A Good Experience and Good Food!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I decided to use my Groupon for Spice India, so my husband, younger son and I went. The young man taking the orders was very friendly and helpful and suggested that we get the Chicken Pakora for my 9 year old son since he is not quite a fan of Indian food just yet, and he said that he could make it extra mild. We also ordered the Veggie Pakora, also extra mild. My husband had the Lamb Curry (South India style) and I ordered their non vegetarian special, which came with several little dishes and a dessert and naan. We all enjoyed everything, although my food was quite spicy, even though I was told that it wouldn't be very spicy. I can't blame that on anyone, I am just such a wimp when it comes to spicy food. We would for sure come back again as we did enjoy the food and the service was great! They were happy to accommodate us when we asked for a a ton of to go cups (for my special plate, as a lot of what I had, had a lot of sauces, etc) and a lot of boxes as the portions are huge and we couldn't finish everything!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Akalliecat

Dallas, Texas
“Going downhill”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for this Indian Restaurant. It has been difficult finding flavorful Indian food in Arlington. I have tried 3 times. The first visit was pretty good. Chicken tikka masala had good flavor and the garlic naan was incredible. The lamb curry had no visible lamb in it so that was disappointing. Still worth a second and third visit and with a groupons no less. The quality went down with the next two visits and my disappointment increased. The naan was the best part. The tikka masala was worse each time. We haven't returned. Hoping someone can open a high quality authentic Indian restaurant with decent prices in this area one day!

1 Thank luvsun28
Arlington, Texas
“Great Intro to Indian Food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We decided to order take out from here tonight and it was pretty great! We got an order of veggie samosas, I had Shrimp Masala, my husband had chicken tika masala and some plain naan bread. The samosas were lil bites of flavorful comfort food. My shrimp masala was medium and it was SPICY and I like spicy food! My husband raved about his food too and the homemade naan was Fabulous!! A must have to soak up that yummy goodness. Portion sizes were large. Entrees ranged about $9. We will eat here again.

“Wow! Never ate Indian Food before and this was a great place to be introduced to it! This food is amazing!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Arlington, Texas
“Good choice for South Arlington”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Indain cuisine is one of my favorites. We usually travel to North Arlington, 15 minute drive for our favorite Indian buffet, but decided to give this place a try. We had the lunch buffet which I love for the choices. Buffet was 8.99, two dollars more than Tandoor in north Arlington. Flavors were good, but the selection was a bit less than we see in other buffets. I enjoyed the Riata and desert the most, better than most I have had. Also the chicken dishes were very good.
So, try it. My first choice is still Tandoor, but this is so close, I can't pass on it for a quick meal.

• Visited November 2012