“Overall a pretty good experience”
Review of Studio Movie Grill

Studio Movie Grill
Ranked #32 of 35 things to do in Arlington
Reviewed December 8, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. I had read many reviews saying how terrible the service was. We really enjoyed our experience. The theater wasn't very crowded, and i like the seats with table trays. I found them much more comfortable than a normal theater. Service was good. We didn't try the food, only popcorn and unfortunately it wasn't as good as movie theater popcorn. There is a lot of movement during the movie with servers walking around delivering and taking orders but it's only a slight annoyance. I gave this 4 stars because of the popcorn. I will definitely give SMG another visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2014

It is always way too crowded in the parking lot. The food is subpar and they always bother you when they are delivering food and I can't stand sitting in the chairs they have. I will go to a non serving food theater over this any day.

Reviewed September 22, 2014

It's our first visit to this place thanks to a Groupon purchase. We couldn't successfully reserve our tickets Online because their system messed up badly. So we took the Groupons to the theater. The 3 girls at the ticket counter hung around while we stood there waiting for their help. I finally asked and one of the girls reluctantly responded. Our movie started at 1:30PM so I asked the girl at the theater entrance booth when we'd be allowed in, and she said about 1:15PM. There were no signs and no communication as to when we should get ready to come in. A long line self-started at about 1:15PM with ticketed people waiting to come in for shows at 1:30PM; people kept coming up to the girl at the booth asking about their shows. We finally were allowed to go in when the time almost reached 1;30PM. We ordered some food from our seats and the process went smoothly. The drinks, ice cream, and sweet potato fries were fine (there was nothing special about them); but the coconut breaded chicken strips were way too dry and tasted bland. Food and drink prices were on the high side; but that's expected in a place like this. We enjoyed the movie (Lucy), the atmosphere, and the experience. But service and management need a lot of improvement.

1  Thank TommieP
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great movie prices (Groupon). Service is horrible as is the food. We ordered a pitcher of beer, I had to ask 5 different people for a glass!!!

1  Thank Kmancona
See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Just saw the movie Get on Up and the theater was great. The food was cold and I will not order food there again. I was there in June and the food was so much better. I had bragged to my husband so he joined me. The good movie helped me save face. I also ordered an 1800 meltdown with my margarita and i guess they were just joking because it tasted nothing like the one I'd had in June. I'd say enjoy the movie and get your food before or after the movie. i tipped the server well because it is not their fault. I'd urge management to get a better plan.