“Great HOTEL!! Great Location!”

Ranger Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
San Antonio
“Great HOTEL!! Great Location!”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

After reading the reviews on here I was a little nervous about booking a room there. But I just couldn't pass up the great deal and the great location. I booked a room with king size bed for 2 nights and it cost me 138.00 dollars. The hotel staff was extremly FRIENDLY!! When we arrived they greeted us and got us our room keys withouth any problems. They also informed us the hotel offered a contental breakfast (which we did not try) . Our room was located on the first floor right beside the pool. Upon entering the room it did smell a bit "old" but other than that I have NO complaints. The room was very clean and well stocked with towels, soap, shampoo, etc. The room included a microwave and a Fridge. The Tv worked well and picked up quite a few channels. The hotel also had FREE WIFI in the room! Which was a complete suprise!! The air conditioner also worked really well!! We left to go to six flags the following morning which is located about 5 minutes from the hotel on foot. Their is also a dennys within a 2 minute walking distance. Before we set out for six flags we asked the staff for extra pillows and when we returned about 6 hours later they had remade our bed with the extra pillows. There is a 3rd base sports bar right next door that had AWESOME food and great drink specials! We ate their twice during our stay! Upon check out the staff was once again super friendly! I'm so glad I took a chance and stayed there!! i would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

On a side note the pool was small but nice. Also in the room they had placed 4 different menus for restraunts that delievered there. And it wasn't just your usual pizza and chinese menus. It had four course meals you could order directly to your room!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Porum, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 7, 2009

This place has a good location, but that's all it has. We went in our 1st room and it had mice droppings, and the 2nd room had food crumbs all over the bedspreads, the 3rd room had roaches, crickets and smelled like smoke even though it was nonsmoking.
We ended up going back to the 2nd room, cringing all the while worrying about what we would find next! I would not recommend this place to anyone. The front desk just couldn't seem to help us.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank okietraveler96

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Durant, Ok
Reviewed January 4, 2009

First off let me say, I have wrote a few great reviews on this hotel, because we have stayed there so many times, but after this last stay we will no long call Raner Inn our home while in Arlington. The hotel is under new managment whom seem not to care as the last ones did. The room we always get needs some major remodeling, from mold all around the jacuzzi tub, on the sinks, holes in beds, very smelly. We will not return again, this is really sad, because this location, was once so nice to stay home, I actually felt like I was staying at my own home, not any longer. Please read my other review on this hotel and you will see why I am so disgusted.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank minmurphy
NE Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2008

My daughter loves Judge Roy Scream, and we had a great view of the coaster. Our first trip we stayed 2 nights as my vehicle was being serviced. The walk to six flags was shorter than some i've made from their own parking lot. The pool stayed open until 11:00 so we enjoyed a dip after the amusement park. The room had a microwave and a refrig. for those who want to bring their own food. And the continental breakfast saves you additional cost of feeding your family. Great value for the $$$ Rooms were exceptionally clean, quiet. No fleas, as they don't allow pets. Staff was very friendly. Stayed again the next weekend!! And look forward to our future stays!
Ruth Otey
NE Texas

• Liked — Close Proximity to six flags.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
United States
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I just love this motel. When we checked in the man at the front desk was polite he even gave us directions to some resraunts.
The room was great we stayed in the last room on the bottom floor a wall was blocking our view,but that was fine. The motel was right next to humperdinks and across the street from six flags. The breakfeast was great they had a cool coffe machiene. And they had ceral and danishes for the kids. Overall the stay was great

• Liked — Across the street from six flags
  • Disliked — no view
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2008

I searched for a hotel close to the themeparks that wasnt going to be 200 dollars a night because we were only gonna be in the room enough time to sleep and eat breakfast and that was it. We got to the Ranger Inn & Suites and it didnt look as shabby as i thought it was going to look on the outside. The pool was tiny but the kids enjoyed getting wet for the 30 minutes we let them swim before we were off to our next destination. I checked in at the hotel, they were not very friendly and i had to ask if they had a breakfast or not because they didnt offer any information except, "sign here and your room is ###". So we get to our room on the second floor and went in. The room looked fairly clean from an overview. As we set stuff down, i noticed that the carpet wasnt the cleanest and when i sat on the bed, HOLY COW!!! it was hard as sleeping on the floor!!! The tv was fairly big, but if you walked heavy it had static lines go through it and it hummed really loud. The shower was gross and they gave little squeeze packets of i guess shampoo...never seen anything like it..of course i dont use them, but thought it was weird.
I guess I have always stayed in a chain hotel, i guess i shouldnt of expected anything great out of this one. We got back from a late night out of running all day with the kids and got everyone in bed and realized, heck they didnt even have an alarm clock in the room!!! What is up with that? I can understand them not having an iron...i guess..well not really..lol. the airconditioner had one speed..very cold...heck even if you shut it off completely the air still kicked on?? I dont understand that either.
We were rudely awakened at 6:30 in the morning by the little kid (10-11 year old) standing in front of our window screaming to his dad in the parking lot..it was as if he was standing in our room, absolutely ridiculous. We went down to get coffee and check out what they had to offer for the kids to eat when the got up, their coffee machine didnt work right, but when i finally got it to work it wasnt bad...they had 2 danishes out (keep in mind this is 8 am in the morning and breakfast is supposed to be at 6-10 i think), also the bottom of bags of raisin bran and cherrios in their little scooper dish thing for cereal...give me a break, your in front of two amusement parks..what happened to kidd friendly food? Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops or whatever?? At least some donuts or more than two danishes..that looked old and blah. They had some orange juice on the counter and something else that wasnt labled...we didnt test it out.
So we went on a mission to find some donuts, never had any luck but there is a mcdonalds right around the corner from there and also jack in the boxes everywhere.
The parking at this place was horrendous. I should of paid the extra 105.00 dollars and stayed somewhere much nicer..it would of been worth it, so dont make our same mistake! Especially having to go out and search for breakfast, pay for breakfast and come back...it took extra money, time and quite frankly this place was not worth 95.00. I would never recommend it to anyone again.

• Liked — The closeness to the attraction
  • Disliked — Everything else !
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank jlgibbs08
Louisiana
Reviewed January 16, 2008

We have stayed at the Ranger Inn for the past 10 years every year. We've been spring and summer months. The service is great. The rooms are clean. Six Flags is across the street within walking distance. ( You don't have to pay to park) They have a continental breakfast which the kids love because they don't have to waste the time going to a restaurant. It is a good place to stay with the kids. We started going when the 3 boys were 3 years old. We've never had any complaints about them being noisy. We have carried groups of children and stayed there. They love it. I just made reservations for two nights in march.

• Liked — The service
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family