“Poor/ Cleaning”

Ranked #34 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Round Rock, Texas, United States
“Poor/ Cleaning”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast was horrible, and small. I would not drink the milk as it might get you sick. The room they put us in was accross from the pool, so we had the pool noise. The room was dirty, Never go bare foot. The lamps did not work, as there was no light bulbs. The bed was ok, but pillows hard, and the sheets were dirty. The bathroom I almost slipped and fell. You did have hot water though. The hotel is great location though.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed March 30, 2012

When booked and I called to confirm the booking I was told $139.90 but when I arrived we were charge $179.00 They promise QUEEN BEDS but the had FULL SIZE SHEETS... The sheets were yellow and dirty, pillows flat and 2 towels... The floors are nasty please wear shoes at all times! Promises free wi-fi and that was false.. Then they promised a pool but the bottom was very dirty and you can't even open the gate but the swore it was open... The management was very rude and was not helpful at all... Was promise cable which was another lie.. The only positive things is the location to Six Flags... Do NoT Stay here

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank MsRebecca

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Coushatta, Louisiana
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I took four teenage girls to Six Flags hoping to have a wonderful time, however, our one night stay at Ranger Inn tarnished our vacation somewhat. We checked in about 7:00 PM and the girl at the desk was very friendly. She was giving me a special rate and upgrading me to a big room with two king size beds and a whirlpool tub for $79.95. Sounds great, right? We unloaded our suitcases and noticed that the table in the corner was propped up against the wall because the legs were broken off. Next, the bathroom sink dripped and all the fixtures and furnishings were really outdated. I didn't really have a problem with that, thinking it would be ok and we could "slum it" a little for such a good price. I was kind of hesitant to let the girls get in the whirlpool because it didn't really appear to be clean. We left to get something to eat, went shopping (needed bleach for the whirlpool) and came back about midnight. I ran the bleach through the tub and let the girls get in while I watched TV. About 1:00 AM, we all decided it was time to go to bed. When I threw the covers back on my king size bed, a cricket jumped out from behind the pillows. We caught the cricket and put it outside thinking that could happen to anyone. I went to brush my teeth and noticed there were little sugar ants all over the back of the vanity. I started to doubt my choice of motels. When I came back to the bed, I looked closer and there was hair on my pillow and some black flaky stuff and hair on the sheets. My daughter pulled back the bedspread on her bed and found a little spider. I went to the front desk and told the night attendant that my sheets were dirty and there were bugs in the room and he called me a liar. It wasn't until then that I got really hacked off. I asked him "Why would I come to the office to lie to you when it would be much easier to go to bed at one o'clock in the morning?" He said he didn't know why I would do that. I started to pack everyone up right then, but since it was so late, I just settled for asking for clean sheets so we could make our own beds. When I got back to the room, we stripped the beds and remade them. When I lifted the bedspread onto my bed, I saw a yellow pee stain on the underside. I picked it up and smelled it and it was still fresh. It appeared to be from a little dog. Needless to say, the bedspread stayed on the floor that night. We were all grossed out pretty bad, but decided that tomorrow was another day and went to sleep. I can honestly say that the mattresses were extremely comfortable and were very good quality. Also, the air conditioner worked well and I did sleep good. The next morning I called LaQuinta and got a room there. I took my key to the front desk to check out and met up with the same sweet girl from the night before. I told her what happened on our stay and asked for a discount. Even though she had a nice smile and quiet voice, the answer was absolutely not. We went round and round for a minute and I even told her I was going to look for a website and give a bad review and she said she didn't care. I finally got charged $80.00 and settled on that because she had already swiped my credit card the night before with a "hold" on $300.00+ because I was planning on staying four nights. All I can say is "DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL". There are much better accomodations all around Six Flags with cleaner people that won't accuse you of lying to them when you find a problem. BEWARE.... this place is nasty.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank bpw5485
Austin, AR
Reviewed September 9, 2010

To start with, we were at an intersection less than two blocks away and the front desk staff couldn't tell us how to get there. The location is what sells this place, and it IS directly across from Six Flags (the Judge Roy Scream rollercoaster to be exact) but it is at least a half mile to the park gates on foot. It is also close, but not walking distance, to the new Cowboys Stadium (which is awesome) and the park where the Texas Rangers play.

When we arrived our room was hot, the air wasn't on, and the room smelled of poor ventilation. We found out quickly why it smelled poorly ventilated when we turned on the air conditioner and determined that the air blowing out of it could not be felt from more than a foot away. In short, the A/C had to be set on 60 degrees and run constantly to get/keep the room cool. As a result, the people in the bed closest to the A/C had to freeze in order to keep the people in the other bed relatively comfortable.

Speaking of the bed, it wasn't terribly uncomfortable except that there was no blanket on it. There was a fitted bottom sheet, a top sheet and the cheap quilted bedspread. We all know what they say about those bedspreads, and normally I wouldn't touch one of them, but because there was no blanket on the bed, the people in the bed close to the A/C HAD to either use the bedspread or sleep in their clothes in order to keep from freezing.

I could go on and on - noisy kids (that apparently belonged to the proprietor and lived in the motel) running by our room early in the morning, pool furniture that is so cheap as to be dangerous, a continental breakfast that was so sparse it looked like it might have come from Ethiopia (the whole thing consisted of two cereals, a quart each of room temp milk and OJ, a nice coffee machine, and a half tray of what looked to be day old cinnamon rolls).

So to sum it all up, the place is $80/night for a reason - don't get your expectations up and you won't be too disappointed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Buddha1978
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Me, my husband and our daughter stayed here over the weekend. It seemed really great compared to our normally hotel room. Everything around us was booked so we came here. It was a nice big room, with a big bathroom and other things in the room like a table and a desk. It has a nice sized pool. It does not offer much for in the vending machine for snacks. There was leftover trash between the fridge and tv center. The beds were really comfortable, only we could have used 3 more pillows since they were really flat. Everything seemed ok until we started turning lights on the next morning, and we saw little round flat bugs, about 4, going across the carpet between the beds to get back under the other out of the light. I freaked out and started shaking everything out. My husband did not know for sure what they were, and sense they went under the bed we could not get to them again. We kept everything on the tables and counters most of the time anyways, but I still went through everything and shook it out and we packed up and left. This seemed to be a great stay, located right across from the park, until the bugs. I just recommend that anyone who stays here watches for them and shakes there things out the next day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank dragonschild28
Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I meet my daughter and grandkids here once a year for a Six Flags trip. The thing that keeps me coming back is the location. Park in the motel parking lot and walk over to Six Flags. It makes it so easy. The motel is average - old and worn but clean and no bugs. We are not picky people. It works for us and we will go back again this year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TX4me
Hewitt Tx
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Thought this was a great motel. It was walking distance to Six Flags. We will stay again on our next trip to Six Flags.....

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family