“GREAT Tex-Mex; my favorite in Arlington!”
Review of Lupe's Tex Mex

Lupe's Tex Mex
Ranked #63 of 801 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Arlington, Texas
“GREAT Tex-Mex; my favorite in Arlington!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Nice atmosphere - casual. Great Tx-Mx! I've only been to the one in Arlington and haven't had a single bad experience w/ the service or the food. Took some NY company there and they thought the food was really good.

• Visited December 2012

Arlington, TX
“Reasonably Good Tex-Mex”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went there for a quick, convenient dinner. We've been there before with mixed results. This time was better than some of the others. Originally, I went with a friend who was a huge fan of their original restaurant in Bedford. She was really disappointed and I wasn't overly impressed. This time the food was much better so maybe they just had start-up issues. The chips were good and they bring a black bean dip along with the salsa which is excellent. The salsa itself was decent too.

My wife had enchiladas and a taco. She said it was good but we did have to use a napkin to mop up the grease on the plate that the taco was served on. I had brisket tacos that were quite tasty. The rice was not bad and the bean soup they served it with was a nice change from the refried beans that most Tex-Mex restaurants serve.

The service was very good though it bordered on being annoying. (They were somewhat slow on a Thursday night so maybe the wait staff were looking for things to do.) The price was $30 for both of us (no alcohol) which is more than reasonable.

I rated it Average overall because there is no "Good" rating and I can't justify " Very Good" but I'd definitely return for a casual meal when we want to stay close to home.

• Visited April 2013
“Tasty Tex Mex”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Delicious Tex Mex in a festive, but relaxed environment. Fajitas, nachos, enchiladas...all of the standard fare is wonderful. The chips, salsa, and bean dip offered as starters are also yummy. Good value!

Texas
“Good food, good service.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

First time here Liked the bean dip, food was really good, waiter was very attentive and on top of things. Would definitely come back.

Denver, Colorado
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overall this is a hidden gem in a strip mall. Food is yummy and the atmosphere is lively. I was 1 in a party of 5, and we all agreed that the chips and bean dip were to die for-we could have eaten those alone for our meal. 4 of the 5 of us enjoyed our meal. The 1 that didn't ordered the fish tacos and the chicken tortilla soup-which look like just chicken soup and tasted watered down. oh well, he ate more bean dip and chips and was happy.

• Visited October 2012