“We had fun”

Ranked #7 of 47 things to do in Arlington
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“We had fun”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to Hurricane Harbor instead of Six Flags Amusement park and had a great time. It was crowded, long lines for the better rides, and mediocre food that is overpriced, but I have yet to go to a major amusement or water park that wasn't. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend renting a cabana. Private space, locker, unlimited drinks, don't have to stand in line for food, place to leave your stuff semi-secure. Well worth it.

Franklin, Ohio, Usa
“Worst ever”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

As seasoned theme park aficionados, this was by far the worst theme/water park experience we've ever had. The park is disgusting and poorly kept, employees seem to be ticked off they work there, you'll need to take out a home equity loan to buy lunch, and you'll be lucky if you are able to go on two slides over the course of the day. . money will be better spent at great wolf lodge.

Arlington, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Just OK, compared to Phoenix water parks”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I spent 17 years in Phoenix, and have "season pass" experience at more than one of the water parks out there.

Hurricane Harbor is decent, but falls below the level of the water parks in Phoenix IMHO.

The Lazy River is a particular sore spot for me. The HHLR did not even have rafts for you to float on. How is it a LAZY river if most of the people were walking and swimming? I got a good little workout during my one lap, which did NOT qualify as LAZY at all.

Something else I had a problem with is that on the biggest "thrill" slides, they did not let people go down fast enough. By that I mean they "took too long between sliders." They have 3 slides in the same area, with people sliding into only 2 pools - therefore, it takes them longer to get the people who just came off the slide OUT OF THE WATER so that the next people waiting up top could go ahead and slide. The pool at the bottom of the slide is TOO BIG, which means it takes people longer to get out. That's just a poor design, and it makes the waits for those slides WAY longer than they should be.

I was displeased overall.

Visited May 2013
Baytown, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It was ok”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The park was over priced from lockers costing $13.00 and up, Dippin Dots costing $6.00 for a two ounce cup, and all the food was highly over priced served by rude teenagers. I believe to work there in the food service area who had to have a lack of manners. It is the only water park I have been too where you have to rent a tube to go down the lazy river and the cost is $9.00 for a rental when the tube cost less than $2.00 to make. I will not be going back Schitterbahn is a lot better, even Malibu water park is better at least for the Atmosphere.

Ruston, Louisiana
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Family Water Fun”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The visit to this park was with a large family group and it was an amazingly wet fun time. There was plenty of places to take a break and even though it rained the day before and the water was a bit cold it was still so much fun. For the ones in our party riding the bigger rides there was very little wait time and they got to do and do and do. Fun! Fun! Fun! My only complaint was that you had to rent a tube for the lazy river. We didn't because you can walk it or float it just not as much fun. I will probably visit this park again in the future.

1 Thank Vickie60_22