“Dirty”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This park is old, out of date, needs a face lift. he park is expensive, staff is not friendly, the park needs to be clean and nice, not a free for all and messy and diry.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank babinbear

twinplets
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised they are allowed to operate.”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

While I been to many water parks, this was our first time at Hurricane Harbor. We took my two 11 year old sons and 4 of their friends there for their birthday. While the boys had fun because it was a new experience for them, my husband and I will not be taking our kids back there.

We went the last Saturday of August. The park wasn't very crowded and we were able to get great chairs and had no one around us. Even though the crowd was light, there were still lines because so many slides were closed. About 5-6 slides were not running. On a few of the rides that require people to walk up many stairs to to the top of tall slides, they have the wait at the bottom and only allow a few people up at a time. Once you start your climb you understand why. The rides are in such a state of disrepair they need to limit how many go up at a time. Talk about scary! I stood on top of The Black Hole wondering about at what point in time will the thing crumble with people standing on it. I don't know what was going on with the wave pool. We camped next to it and I noticed sometimes the waves would be big like you normally see at wave pools and at other wave cycles, it would barely make any waves and the wave cycle was very short those times.

The lifeguards are useless. We never received any instructions on any rides. Since we have been to other water parks, we knew what to expect on each ride, but there were tons of kids riding that could have used some instruction. None of the guards seemed to want speak or really seem to care what anyone does at the park. The only instructions I heard were recorded ones at the top of a few rides and they were in Spanish only! I saw many things done that would have gotten a guard to tell you to knock it off at other places. I didn't hear one whistle blown the entire day. That is very rare at a water park.

Rust, dirty carpet, peeling paint everywhere. The whole place feels very old and unsafe as a whole.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank twinplets
Fort Worth, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“love swimming and time in the sun”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I love to go their and take kids with me. Very nice place for swimming and
spending time in the sun.

Fort Worth, Texas
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Waterpark fun!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

What's not to like about waterparks? This is one of the best in Texas. If you visit Texas in the summer, this place is a must, just like Six Flags which is right down the road.

Austin, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Hurrican is a Sunami of FUN!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Expect to get there early but stand in line at least 30 minutes before they open. ***if you want a cabana*** you have to call and reserve at least 3 days prior or there will be none. We got two great chaise lounge chairs but the ave pool...but spent most of time floating around the river and riding the slides...lines were not a problem and all were so fun! Definitely a winner!

Visited July 2012