“something i surely recommend”

Super 8 Arlington East
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Super 8 , like its name is worth a super 8 star on the scale of super 7. A place I will surely recommend to have a wonderful stay at a home away from home. I had been at super 8 for 3 days 2 nights trip. My experience was awesome with a very helpful staff giving their best in the hospitality. To add the room service was impromptu to solve your complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a bargain motel that is very good...nice comfortable bed, quiet location off freeway.
Continental breakfast modest but adequate. TV is dated but ok.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
2  Thank Donald G
Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank DEBORAH P
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I travel on a regular basis for business but this was my first Super 8 experience and I have to say I was VERY happy with the entire experience. I am a Diamond member and typically stay at the Hampton or Hilton but due to the Texas Rangers game that was a no go. And to be totally honest it was for the best. The front office staff was very friendly and made me feel welcome right away. I arrived a little early from a long drive and they made sure getting my Suite ready asap was a priority. The room was very clean the the service exceptional. People Like Jan Patel and her exceptional staff are what keep customers coming back. I really can't comment on the free breakfast due to the fact that the location is so great I had La Madelline right down the street. All in all Thank you for great stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I made reservations online with Super 8 motel on Pleasant Ridge Drive in Arlington,TX. to spend 2 nights while we were visiting our kids and grand kids for the weekend on Feb.10th & 11th, 2012. We got to the motel and unloaded our bags and then left to go see our kids. We got back to the motel around 9:00 pm. My husband lay on the bed and watched television while I got ready for bed. He noticed that the sheet and bedspread had a cigarette burn and I don't think the bedspread was clean at all. We're not real picky as long as it's clean and it seemed clean enough, so we just ignored it since it was late and we were tired. I got ready for bed and slid in to bed. I yelled and told my husband something scratched me. It left a scratch on the back of my leg. I felt around and could feel the spring sticking out of the mattress. Again, it was late and we were tired so we just made the best of it. The mattress must have been 30 years old. It felt like sleeping on springs. Like one of the other reviewers pointed out the pillows were flatter than pancakes. They too must have been very old. The next morning I pulled the sheet back to see exactly what had scratched me and there was a wire sticking out of the mattress. We made our mind up we we're moving no matter what. We went to the office to tell them and I had taken a picture of the wire and showed it to the lady in the office. Her comment was "The maid wouldn't have done that". I said "Well, she did because we didn't do it". She said that we have to let them know of any problem with the room within 10 min. of checking in and pointed to a sign at the desk stating this. I guess they expect you to strip the bed and check the mattress within 10 min. I ask for our money back but no way was that going to happen. She did give us a refund for the night we didn't use and we went to the Holiday Inn Express right down the street. It was like the difference in night and day. Like I said, we're not picky and will put up with a lot but this was ridiculous. One more thing. We thought we might eat their free continental breakfast since we had paid for it. All they had were some store bought rolls in a package and maybe cold cereal.I am also going to contact their corporate office. This should not be a Super 8 motel. I am going to post the pictures of the mattress and the burned sheet & bedspread.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Darla S
pateljan, Manager at Super 8 Arlington East, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Hello Darla S,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Please know that we are doing everything possible to improve our product. We have replaced most mattresses and they will all be brand new within 2 weeks. Thank you for letting us know about the bedspread, it has been replaced. As for the breakfast, we are revamping our breakfast and it should be completed soon with more and fresh items to choose from. Thank you again for your comments as we take them seriously.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We have stayed here before, overall I'm still not impressed. They do keep the place up and the rooms are clean. Our room had two beds but there were only enough towels for two people (we had reserved a room for three, by the way). The "Super Start" breakfast amounted to a few pastries, some cereal, coffee and juice and two bananas and an apple. We were considering extending our stay anyway but I found a cheaper room at a motel nearby where we would be able to cook our meals so we went there.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Today was an unbeliveable day. My girlfriend and i are in the process of moving. Power mistakenly got cut off a month ahead of schedule. So upon hours upon hours they realize there mistake and promise to have power on. Well never happend. And bein texas weather as it is, no ac had to go some where cool. So my gf and i was one day away from being paid, so she borrowed money from her mom, and a friend 68 In all as was the price of room. She checks in, we shower as were sooooo hot from being in hot sun all day, the office then calls the room and says they need a 20 $ Deposite. Well we didnt have it. Asked if they could wait till midnight and run the debit card, said no and we had to leave. And no refund. So the 68 That they charged for room they kept. No refund policcy. My gf mom called there from ny to ask for manager and complain and each time they hung up on her. So here we had to go back to the hot apt, deal with the elec company, and on top of that she had to call into work. So be alert. Go else where.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Stevenneilsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Motel 6 Arlington
Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
Quality Inn & Suites Six Flags Area
1 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington South

Been to Super 8 Arlington East? Share your experiences!