“Completely Unique and Thoughtful”
Review of Potager Cafe

Potager Cafe
Ranked #173 of 799 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Local and fresh ingredients highlighted. Different menu daily, based on available local market. Fabulous food. Small place. Come early or risk missing a taste of everything. It's a "pay what you think it's worth" kind of place. Recent visit, there was slow-braised beef, couscous with fresh herbs and lemon, mushroom and gruyere quiche, roasted root vegetables, and a killer beet and sweet potato soup. Delicious!
Grapevine, Texas
“Completely Unique and Thoughtful”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I wrote a full review of this over here at this blog (http://dallas.todaysmama.com/2011/03/potager-cafe-an-arlington-gem/), but I'll just say I LOVE this place. They respect people and food, and their quirkiness permeates the community in a good way.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Annie H

Fort Worth tx
“Unique experience that never disappoints!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This is one my FAVORITE restaurants! The atmosphere is homey and comforting. The portions are based off how hungry you are and you can get seconds. It is a cash only restaurant. food is always delicious and the owner/chef is such a sweet lady. Their valentine's day dinner (reserve ahead of time) is incredible and tastefully romantic. Friends, family or date night, it's a wonderful place. I don't recommend it for groups of 7 or more, it's a small, intimate place.

1 Thank live_deliciously
Arlington, Texas
“quirky little place with really good food.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a Bohemian little restaurant that has never failed to delight. The menu on a chalk board changes based on the availability of local organic meats and produce and the whim of the chef. Select what and how much you want to eat and pay what think it is worth by putting cash into an envelope. (suggested prices are posted.) No huge portions of mass produced food, and doggy bags for the left overs. Expect very tasty quality food in a VERY low key home style environment. Don't be put off by the tiny repurposed building and somewhat makeshift seating. This is good dining, at a modest price. It is more like going to a dinner party of a friend who is a really good cook, but has too small of house, than going to a restaurant. BYOB.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Robert V
Michigan
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

After long flights into Dallas, we were looking for lunch on our drive south. Using reviews, we found ourselves outside of the Potager Cafe. Arriving at opening time, we were unsure if it was open. Thank goodness it was! What a treat! Chef made us a healthy and seemingly home-cooked meal that left us feeling satisfied and like we had made a smart decision about what we had eaten. We ate shepherd's pie, braised cabbage, a lovely barley pilaf and orange trifle. This is the kind of food I cook at home with grass-fed meat, lots of veggies, and creativity abounding. A very unique set-up served family style, but a neat way to eat. Very friendly staff who gave us solid recommendations for places to eat on our way to San Antonio. Hope to return someday!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ajackkfam
C. Texas
“First of Many Visits”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was so surprised when I visited this restaurant. The menu was something I would have expected at my grandmother's house. The style of service was something I've never experienced at any other restaurant. I tried a little of every dish offered. Each was a delight.

• Visited December 2013