“Food excellent, but atmosphere is something else”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Arlington
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Arlington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 831 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Their prime rib is awesome, and does compare to the big name steakhouses, but no matter when we go, we are always disappointed with the atmosphere. They play a very unusual soundtrack for a steakhouse that is not relaxing. I prefer to enjoy the overall experience, and the music is part of it. If you don't mind the music, it is a great steak place.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have dined at several of the big name steak and chop houses in the Tarrant county area and I have about decided that the Keg in Arlington is the best for the money.
My wife and I along with friends dined there recently and again, the experience was outstanding. The service was top notch. One of our guests was a five year old girl and the waiter brought some sliced strawberries and fruit with some sweet dipping sauce to keep her happy and occupied while the adults looked over the menu and ordered. A nice and appreciated gesture,
We each had different entrees and all were bragging on their meal. I personally had the sirloin which sometimes is not the most tender cut. But this steak measured up to the prime rib and other selections I have had here where the meat was very tender, cooked to perfection, and quite tasty. My entree came with a delicious blue cheese wedge salad, mixed veggies, mushrooms and I selected a loaded baked potato from the list of other sides to choose from. It was all outstanding.The others at my table were equally pleased with their selections.
The mixed drinks were very good. I like that they bring my bourbon and coke with the bourbon in the glass on ice, and the coke syrup separately so you can add it to your pleasure.
After dinner you cannot pass up the dessert selections. We tried the cheesecake, and creme brulee. Again, perfection.
Our total bill for drinks, entree, dessert for the four and a child was abotu $170. Not cheap but well worth it.
The manager stopped by as we were finishing and visited for a while and we were happy to tell him of great meal and time we had there.
Before you go, enter their website and list yourself in their customer list. My daughter had done this earlier and since this was her birthday month, she had recieved a $25 off coupon in her Email whichwe used on this trip.

1  Thank CrankyOldGuy
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Receintly enjoyed an outstand dinner at the Keg, service was excellent, but what really stole the show was the exceptional cut of Prime Rib, seasoned and cooked to perfection. Lots of places try to serve what I believe to be the "Roll Royce of Beef", but few are really able to pull it off, either it is over cooked or just simply an inferior cut, but believe me Keg Steak House really shines with their presentation this classic. I will be going back, every chance I get.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Beautiful roomy bar atmosphere but poor service. We had a group of 10 and had difficulty getting the attention of the waitress. I ordered a white wine spritzer with lime and was served a regular white wine I guess she did not know what a spritzer was. The wine was served without a coaster or napkin and I had to ask for one. Someone ordered a Bloody Mary that looked very good garnished with 3 large olives but when she took a sip it was way to spicy and sent it back. Later the waitress said the top to the Tabasco fell off when he was making the drink which resulted in a mega shot of pure Tabasco but they served the drink anyway. The blue moon beer was served with oranges and the orange slice martini looked great. The flat bread with vegetables was just ok. I wish they still had the tempura vegetables which were wonderful. Warm thick potato chips were served that were also very good but it was difficult to catch the attention of the waitress when new members of our party arrived and wanted to order. I doubt that our group will be back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I used to love the Keg in Arlington. In the past, my family and I went there for birthday celebrations, etc. So when my husband I wanted steak last night, we thought we'd go somewhere nearby. That was a mistake. The service was super slow and when the hot tea we ordered was served to us cold, I suddenly remembered why we hadn't been there in a while. That was the same way our meal started out last time. Then I ordered calamari. It was okay... but not good. So not worth the calories or price! He had a salad. I'm used to tasting food he gets, but I wasn't event tempted by it. We both ordered steaks and my had seafood too, but neither of them were good. We made the most of it as we waited patiently for our check. Eventually, we had to ask another server to find our waitress (the 2nd time we had to do that in one night). While she was with us, another diner came up to her upset and asking if they could get some service. As my husband I left, he said, "Guess you get what you pay for. We're going to Ruth's Chris or Albiernat's next time!"