“Great place for honeymoon”

Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites
Ranked #22 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Dallas, Texas
“Great place for honeymoon”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We went to this hotel for our honeymoon, and it was great! Indoor pool and hot tub, reasonably priced room service and good food as well with big portions.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
HotelGMHotelGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
We are very happy to make your special occasion so memorable. I will make sure to pass the compliments on the food onto the Executive Chef and his team. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I liked it much. The people were outstanding which elevated the stay greatly. I never like to see painted over paint...which the room had, but nothing matches quality people...which the hotel also had. I'd stay there again.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MartinP16
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 1, 2009

The suite condition is old, especially the tap. The cold and hot water tap only produces hot water and the aircon tends to be too cold. My colleague even got insect bite from sleeping on the beds. Hotel staff not very pro-active in resolving the guest complains

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank GuanG2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on business twice in September, 2009. I was impressed! While the hotel's exterior could use a little work, the interior is quite nice, with a large and spacious atrium and well-decorated rooms.

The property is all-suites, and the rooms are quite large, with a big living room and bedroom. There's a big work area. Beds were great.

I had to laugh when I ordered room service. The person who answered the phone quickly said, "don't get that. It's disgusting" and referred me to another entree. While I was a bit taken aback by her bluntness, I appreciated her honesty and was satisfied with what I ordered!

I did have one meal in the restaurant and was disappointed with that. While the food was OK, the service was so-so -- it took a long time to get seated, have the order taken, etc. It seemed the bartender was sort of responsible for running the entire restaurant.

The hotel's location is OK. Arlington has a million strip malls, restaurants, grocery stores, etc., but this hotel is a bit isoloated near the end of Lamar Blvd. and it's about a mile's drive until you hit most of that stuff. Other hotels in the area are closer.

Overall, this hotel is a pretty good bet. I found its room rate to be less than other full-service properties in the area, and it offers similar ammenities and executes them to a good standard.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the hotel for the Cowboy game. We purchased shuttle wristbands to and from the stadium in advance of our stay, but they wouldn't let us ride the first shuttle to the stadium, had to pay extra for a cab... returning from the game our Navigator window was busted out and our GPS was stolen in front of the hotel. Another car about 10 spots down from us was also broken into. I noticed this about 2am. I reported it to security, who had seen it about 10pm? Couldn't contact me about this? Our car set there for 4 hours with no window...had to beg them to let me park the car under the front awning for the remainder of the night.. General Manager would give NO DISCOUNT on the $260 room rate...terrible! $260 room rate+$250 car window+$250 GPS = $760 night/no sleep... terrible trip !

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank longhornfan40
HotelGMHotelGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2009
Thank you for your posting and I do apologize again for the unfortunate incident that occurred during your stay. As I mentioned to you before, our hotel has one of the lowest crime rates in the Arlington area. This is a matter of public record and can be verified with the Arlington Police Department. We have overnight security that patrols our parking area as well as a very well lit parking area to help prevent these things from happening. Unfortunately these types of things can happen anywhere you go. Especially when there are items left out in open view in a vehicle. I felt that my team was very helpful after we became aware of the incident. The security guard kept an eye on your vehicle from the time he discovered it. We could not contact you because the information for your vehicle was not filled out at check-in on your registration card. The night auditor offered for you to park at the front entrance so she could keep an eye on it until the next morning. And our maintenance department cleaned and vacuumed out all of the glass from your vehicle. I looked into the wristbands that you purchased and they were not for the first trip. That bus was already full by the time you purchased your wristbands so you were given the next time slot. I hope these issues will not keep you from using our hotel in the future as this is not the typical stay you will have at the Crowne Plaza Suites Arlington. Regards, Jeremy Skinner - General Manager
texas
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Was a great hotel for the price again had a long line at check-in but we breezed through that quickly and had a quick check out! We were there to watch a Ranger’s game and could not beat the price. My girlfriend lives in Dallas so we decided to stay close to the park instead of driving back that night. Had a very large room and enjoyed the close proximity to the ball park. Have nothing bad to say about the hotel staff only complaint was the Arlington shuttle which was a bit slow but due to the high volume of visitors to Arlington I cannot fault anyone group for that definitely not the hotel staff as they were great!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mataguy
Austin
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Get into the hotel early enough on Monday to enjoy the hospitality - pool, hot tub, manager's reception with entertainment.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business