“Surprisingly great service and big rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites

Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites
Ranked #17 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Tallahassee, Florida
“Surprisingly great service and big rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Someone else asked if this was an old Embassy Suites, I wondered the same thing as soon as I got there. The rooms all have a front separate room with a sofa bed, tv, desk and a separate bedroom. Great set up.

The facility itself is pretty average, the rooms are nice but not amazing. Beds were ok, not super comfortable but not bad. Great channel selection if you stay in at all and close the Six Flags and the Rangers and Cowboy stadiums.

There's a free shuttle but it has limited availability. It will get you from the airport but you have to wait to call for it once you're there. It runs 6 am to 9:45 pm so it can run you places close by if you want some food or beer.

The rooms also have a mini fridge so you can stock up on stuff if you need to. I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: All the rooms are literally the same. They're not super sound proofed so its quieter if you get...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank fsview11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The staff was absolutely amazing! I was traveling with my newborn and they were so helpful. I left my daughters favorite lamb in the lobby and when I returned it was back in our room. I highly recommend the hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We used Hotwire to book this hotel, so we had no choice in the stay. This was our first stay at a Crowne Plaza, and my family was impressed with the stay here. The location is a little off the beaten path in an industrial looking area, so there are no good views from your room and it's not in the center of it all. However, it really is a short drive to get to all the things you come to Arlington for. We came for a dance competition at UTA and it was a convenient drive.
The hotel is an older one and the room decor,bathrooms,and furnishings are still outdated. That quickly didn't matter, as it was cleaner and maintained better than most of the newer, more upscale hotels that I am accustomed to. It is atrium style & looks like an older Embassy Suites. The rooms were spacious. Our room was on the second floor near the pool and the smell of chlorine was pretty strong in the halls and front of the room, but the smell did dissipate once we settled in or maybe we became used to it. The most outstanding thing about our stay, besides the cleanliness of the hotel, was the friendly and accommodating staff. It was really refreshing to have such professionalism and the accommodating nature you expect from a hotel staff, which is getting lost these days. Overall this was a nice stay worth returning. I should add that we checked in Fri evening & checked out earlier that Sat morning. We did not use any of the amenities. P.S. We noticed there was a wedding party that went on late into the night in the ballroom, but was not effected by any noise (until the 5am fire alarm evacuation) like the other reviewer noted. I will take note to request a room away from the ballroom when we return for another dance competition so that we don't risk a noisy experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

It's a little tricky to find the hotel as it is back from the main road. I was happy with this as it was not opposite the freeway and felt safer parked for the night.
Check in was easy. One of the elevators was OOS and the others moved very slowly. The hotel looked like an old Embassy Suites, with the glass elevators and rectangle layout with an open center.
Room was a suite but no door separating the bed from the main area. Lighting was also strange - could not really "light it up". Room was clean and spacious.
Went down and used the gym. Smaller than expected but had two treadmills and other equipment. It was bowling alley style set-up, which made the TV on the back wall at the entrance a little strange. No one came in during my workout.
After the workout went and got some food. The one issue with the hotel is the time it takes to leave/come back for anything. Again long wait for a slow elevator (2 of 3 working).
Wanted to pre-print my boarding pass, but they did not have a station or computer. The front desk offered to do it but I passed as it would be easier to just do it at the airport.
Noticed I was on the "quiet floor" where there would be no kids. Of course I ran into a family while waiting to go down. They need to follow the policy or take down the sign. I did not ask for that floor, but it looks bad to do/not do this if someone requested the "quiet floor".

Room Tip: I did not have it this time, but a corner room (back from the main traffic area) is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place is crazy! It's so loud in my room, the pictures are vibrating. It's 1AM and there is a full blown RAVE going on downstairs! I've never experienced anything like this in a hotel and resort. You'd think I was at a club!!! If you don't want to sleep AT ALL stay here!!!

1 Thank WatsonA40424
Brett M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Good Morning Ms. Watson, I want to apologize again for the noise levels that came from the wedding reception. I agree 100% that it was unacceptable and hope that the compensation for your room is still to your satisfaction. Please feel to e-contact me at replies@cparlington.com if you would like to speak about your stay further. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I hope to see you again soon.
Shreveport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

It is 1:00 in the morning and I'm writing this review because of the hip hop band that has been playing all night in the hotel! I can't believe I played over $130. To not sleep! After complaining to the front desk they looked at me like "what's the big deal?" They said after 3 complaints they will shut it down. Its 1:00 in the morning...1:00! I am here with 2 kids. 6 flags is going to be GREAT in the morning. I will NEVER stay at a Crowne Plaza again!

2 Thank shrevela
Brett M, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Arlington Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us this past weekend. I am truly very sorry to hear that it was not a pleasant experience due to the noise disturbance from the wedding reception. I personal want to make sure that each and every guest or event attendee enjoy their time with us and would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. Please contact me at replies@cparlington.com, I am available 24/7 for our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to hear from you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a great hotel. Very spacious rooms. Very clean. Nice toiletries. Very friendly staff!! Breakfast in restaurant was great. The kids loved the indoor heated pool, hot tub, and sauna. Very nice for a winter trip. All in all a wonderful stay.

Stayed March 2014