“Best Russian Restaurant Ever!”
Review of Taste of Europe

Taste of Europe
Ranked #11 of 812 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you want to dine on an authentic Prussian meal, browse among the shelves through authentic russian merchandise, or sample our deli and european groceries, Taste of Europe is the place for you. Come experience the feel of another place and time. Sausage and meats, caviar, Russian cakes and candy, Beef stroganoff with pasta or potatoes, all these things and more are at your fingertips. We carry European Wine and Russian Beer. Drop by today. You're always welcome!
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the best Russian restaurant I've ever been to! Granted, it is the only Russian restaurant I've ever been to, but I know excellent food when I eat it. This was my second visit here. On my first visit my wife and I and her parents all got different dishes so we could each taste the other's. I got the Kolduny, Russian potato pancakes. Mine ranked 4th among the dishes at the table. It was delicious, if a little under seasoned. Potatoes tend to be that way and it is often difficult to season them enough, in my opinion. My wife's dish, beef stroganoff, ranked 3rd. Beef tips in mushroom gravy over egg noodles, it could have done with a little more beef and a few less noodles, but delightful all the same. Mom's dish, stuffed meat loaf, was the runner-up. This was very good! Meat loaf stuffed with mushrooms and lightly fried in a bread crumb batter...to quote an old hero of mine, Mr. Food..."Ohh, its so good!" The blue ribbon for our meal went to Dad's meal, Jagerschnitzel. Fork-tender slices of fried pork in bread crumbs with Russian home fries...need I say more? On our second trip, my wife and I got the meat loaf and Jagerschnitzel. Excellent restaurant with a very interesting store and grocery. This will not be our last visit!

3  Thank Bmbostick

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after finding "Taste of Europe" on TripAdvisor. No rating on here can completely define how great this place is. The owner greeted us, served us and educated us on all the unique items they have on display. The food and the hospitality was above my expectations!!!

1  Thank Mrs_Kathie_G
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I've lived in Arlington for almost 30 years and never even knew about this restaurant! What I've been missing!
We have been part of a monthly dinner group for over 10 years. We all live in Arlington but we've gone to Dallas, Fort Worth and everywhere in between. We've been to great places and some that weren't so great. Last night, we went to Taste of Europe. I can't believe that a place this close to home is one of the best that we've been to in all of these years!
The atmosphere is different but it was fun. Aside from being a restaurant, they have Russian jewelry and curios for sale along with a small deli and grocery section with European foods. And the prices are more than reasonable. And if you ever are in need of a Soviet military uniform, this is the place to go. Quite a selection from different branches and regiments. It was quite interesting to browse around after dinner.
The food was great. I had the beef stroganoff. It was decent but not my favorite. To be fair, my mother was from Europe and made an incredible beef stroganoff so I'm probably spoiled. However, my wife had the Kodunys and they were wonderful! And another person in our group had the European meatloaf and it was amazing. Folks, this is not your momma's meatloaf! (That is, unless she's European!) Others in our group had the potato pancakes and the pirogues and everyone was very impressed.
It is BYOB so if you imbibe, bring your own. They provided wine glasses for us.
The owner was very nice and patient with the many questions since none of us were very familiar with Russian food.
I'm still amazed that it took all of these years for us to come across this place but I guarantee that I'll be going back. It was that good!

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Took my daughter there to experience some Russian culture. The food was delicious and the portions were large. Loved looking at the memoribila.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I saw the show on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. You have to enter from the back and it's a little unsettling. The best way to describe the atmosphere is like sitting in an old pawn shop where some random tables were put up to sit and eat at. The owners were very nice. The food was different, but good. The dessert was AWESOME! I normally don't order dessert, but was sitting by the counter with it in there. Decided to split it. Really liked it. It was only $2.95 too.