“I made reservation online for 2 beds, and the hotel had the...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Arlington Near AT&T Stadium

Super 8 Arlington Near AT&T Stadium
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Arlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

On Friday, November 30,2012 I booked a room for Sat (12/1) and Sunday (12/2) at Super 8 - Arlington SW on 2712 E Abram St..
Upon arrival on Saturday 12/1 around 530 pm. we arrived for check in. Upon checking in I asked if by chance they had any additional rooms, I was told they did. I asked if we could switch to a smoking with 2 beds (same cost). I was immediately told no because I was not a walk in. I asked why that should matter, and I was told, I was already receiving the room at a 50.00 a night discount since I went through Expedia..This confused me, because at no time did I go through Expedia, but since she was telling me that I was saving 50.00 a night, I left it alone. I was handed 2 keys for room #111. I got in the car and we were off to our room.
Upon arrival at the room:
There was huge wet white stains on the floor.
There was a large mirror was on the floor rather than the wall
The tv did not work
1 set of lights did not work
The desk leg was broken
Dirty glove on the floor
No microwave plate
Trash in the drawer
Walls were very dirty
Bathroom was gross - inside of the bathroom door, it was painted 2 different colors (also, old & stained)
Hair on bed
I called immediately to the front desk and was told maintenance would be down in 20-30 minutes. 1 1/2 hours later he showed up. He put the mirror back up and said that should have been reported by housekeeping. He got us a microwave plate, and switched the tv socket.
I went out front for a clean blanket, (new attendant at desk). He had one blanket, this also had hair on it. He said he was sorry there were no more. Once again, I was asked my room #. After I told him 111 he looked it up and said oh, you are through Expedia. I will tell my manager and maybe you can get some money back. We ended up going to the local Walmart and purchasing blankets and pillows just so we had something definitely clean to sleep on.
The sheets had small burn holes in them.
Saturday night at 300 am in the morning, there were 2 woman (dressed very perogitively) banging on our door looking for Ellen. My husband told them to go away there was nobody there by that name. Then again at 700 am the same morning there was a very tall male banging on the door when my husband opened by dead bolt, he said he was there for a phone charge because his phone was dead. My husband told him to leave we did not have a phone charger. The guy than said, oh he must have the wrong room.
The description of the room states there is security - there is NO SECURITY.
The website states $53.00 a night. I paid $67.15 one night and $71.40 the other night. I don't see that I got a discount, it looks to me as I paid more than $53.00. There is no way I saved $50.00 a night. They should have been paying me to sleep in that filth and unsafe room that we were in.
Thank God I took a shower right before we left home, because there would have been no way that I would shower in that bathroom.
Please understand, we are not picky people, this was just REALLY BAD!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is not up to date old and run down. The towels had stains like blood & the sheets had yellow stains. The blanket on the bed had burn marks and holes. Reported this to the front desk asked her to have it changed before we got back from our event. Stopped to be sure it was done & it was not had to change the bedding myself. Hair was in the bathtub and had a old smell in the room. Tissue was stuck in the peephole. The A/C sounded like a old car on it's last start up about to go out. Called to see if we could move rooms was told they was booked. Happy we did not have to stay long!

Room Tip: A/c unit noise. Floors dirty bring slippers!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

5 sperate families were all together on this trip.When we first checked in everything seemed okay... Early the next monring we hard shooting outside our room. We packed up and went to Six Flags for the day. I brought my digital camera on the trip with is. Well due to the fact we were going to the water park I left it behind in the hotel room. Room services stole my camera. As well as went through my wallet and took the $27.00 that I had in there. I contact management immaedialetly. They told me that someone was let into my room by mistake while we were gone and they must have stolen my camera, not their roomservice lady cause she wouldn't do a things like that. I contacted the manager who was not on duty that day and he told me that he would be sending me something throw the mail. A month later I contact Super 8 directly and left a message with my "case manager" Tara Infresome. I've have left her message after message and nothing no call back no nothing.No not stay at this Motel don't waste your money nor time stopping in. Management doesn't care nor does the chain line.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family