“Very authentic food, simply delicious,even though it is an hour drive from home I would came back again.”
Review of Nustas Cafe - CLOSED

Nustas Cafe
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I live in the Dfw area, and I am always looking for new places to try. Heard about this Peruvian place by accident so there I went! It is a small place, have some Peruvian decorations. I have to say it was not fancy at, but it was welcoming. Our server, was really nice. Chips and green salsa was yummy. The food was good, except for the tamal was dry and it tasted like it was previously frozen. The staff was so friendly I would definitely go back!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Fabiolachan

Arlington, Texas
“Succulent!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I like to go here for date night. We found it when I searched for BYOB restaurants in Arlington. We are impressed every time we eat there. I recommend the Leche de Tigre fish cocktail. It is fish marinated in a citurs based mild lemon house sauce. Tangy! Also the Lomo Saltado, aTraditional Peruvian style stir fry of sautéed beef Tenderloin strips, red onions,
tomatoes, cilantro, green onions and soy sauce, Served with fried potatoes and white rice. It is a cozy place with a relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rhoda K
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice lunch!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tucked in to a plaza we missed this many times. Now that we have been there we are going back again....and soon! The food was fresh and interesting. We were able to try some new dishes and each one was great. Our waitress took the time to describe the selections we were not sure of and gave us good advice. The decorations were also nicer than average and created a nice atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LifeAsISeeIt
Arlington, Texas
“Wake up, Arlington, to Peru!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We discovered this interesting Peruvian restaurant with friends a couple of months ago on a Saturday night, based on a few positive TripAdvisor reviews. The place was busy, the food delicious, and BYOB allowed us to bring a bottle of wine.

So now in Feb. 2013 we returned on a couple of Thursdays, but were amazed at being the only customers in the place! WHY?

Although Nustas is in a strip mall, a nearby, popular (and good) Italian family restaurant was doing a brisk business. Nustas is moderate in "price" and intimate in size -- but big in terms of menu choices, food authenticity, flavor, knowledgeable service, and presentation. It is clean, comfortable, and decorated with appropriate hints of S. American culture.

I encourage anyone in the DFW area interested in sampling food that is "different", but delicious, to try this place. Even though it has received high marks from reviewers and TripAdv members, I am concerned this gem needs to be "discovered" so it can grow, prosper, and continue providing a delicious, reasonably priced alternative to TexMex and other area cuisines.

Check it out at http://www.nustascafe.com/

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gr8uncphil
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Place!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is wonderful-service helpful and very charming! BYOB-small menu but everything is very tasty- worth the wait!

• Visited February 2013