“Authentic, excellent Turkish meal”
Review of Istanbul Grill

Istanbul Grill
Ranked #2 of 823 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food and atmosphere reminded me of my trips to Turkey and Greece! Absolutely delicious, great service, nice atmosphere. The chicken gyro Mediterranean salad was excellent on my latest visit. Highly recommend!

1  Thank outtahereaggie

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Arlington has every chain restaurant in the US. None of these cookie cutter joints are to our taste. While searching for something different we stumbled on Istanbul Grill. What a find. White starched linens and the best Turkish/Mediterranean food ever. We stopped for lunch and ate for the same amount of money we would spend up the street at a fast food place. The Babakanoush and Tabouli starters with the fresh grilled pita was exceptional. Main dishes and gyros better than those we have enjoyed in bigger markets. The very best part ... even though this is a great restaurant for families, business lunches etc they have take out too. I'm keeping their take out menu in the glove box so we can call in that order when I leave work and have it ready when I get home to Arlington. Pass the big chain restaurants up and down the interstate and head over to Cooper St and Istanbul Grill

1  Thank szamp
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We ate here on Saturday night after reading tripadvisor revews. We loved it so much that we returned with our family on Sunday for lunch. Both meals were absolutely delicious. If you like this type of food, that is Turkish, or Greek or meditteranean you will not be wowed. I have lived in Texas for 8 years and have never had a better meal at any price. The baklava the best I have ever eaten and the 2 other desserts were superb. In November we visited Turkey and this meal surpassed any we have in 13 days there.
This is a Turkish couple who own the restaurant. They have lived in the States for 15 years.
The only thing left to say is......................GO.

2  Thank hazel h
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Decided to give the Istanbul Grill a try after reading all the positive TA reviews and I have to say that My wife and i were not disappointed. We showed up early for dinner and immediately were seated. We started with homus and falafel appetizers which were both excellent. My wife and I each had the chicken shis kabob and the preparation and taste was also as good as the appetizers. My wife was also very impressed by the quality and taste of the Turkish tea. In all, we will for certain go back to the Istanbul grill and we would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

1  Thank Dansladen
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a delightful Turkish restaurant. We have enjoyed eating here for several years. The owner has updated the menu and also included a weekly lunch special for $8.50 that includes an entree, main course, and drink. The shepherd salad made with cucumbers, tomato, feta, parsley, and mint is our favorite. My husband asks for a bucket of it! You can have it as a salad or served with chicken or gyro meat. ,
The restaurant has a lovely decor with white table cloths and fresh flowers.

1  Thank nah19