“Taste of Caribbean”

Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine
Ranked #101 of 796 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Taste of Caribbean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

we made a lunch buffet trip at $9.99 plus tip . we were not greeted at the door & the restaurant
was not busy. we had to pick our own table & ask for drinks.
I liked the grill chicken & the curry.there was not much of selection. two kind of curry/fried fish/
grilled chicken/cabbage steamed/rice/salad.
the business is operated by a lady & she likes to play loud music. I like the Bob marley music &
i was in the groove.
For first time experience of Caribbean food is o.k.

• Visited May 2014

Peoria, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food when you finally get it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My friends and I went after buying a groupon. It took so long to get our drinks I had to convince the guys with us to stay so we could at least use our groupon. We were at the restuarant over 2 hours! It took atleast 20 minutes to get our drink, another 15 before our order was taken, 20 minutes after that for our appetizer, another 15 after for the food and after we were done 15 minutes to get the check. Everyone was mad at me because I paid with a credit card which meant another 15. The food was good but it will be the first and only visit!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank helliott
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Goat curry is the one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Place is ok, could be cleaner and fresher looking, however service is good. We had the beef patty, yum yum, need to eat that more often. The goat curry was slightly too salty, but really nice.

• Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been there a few times. Twice for the buffet. Great food and service. I will definitely go every now and then. The whole steamed fish is yummy. Staff is very friendly and hard-worker.

Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas, United States
“TOOK 30 MIN FOR A DRINK @ BAR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

If that night was there best service I would HATE to see there worst. It was not packed but literally took 20-30 minutes to get a drink at the bar. When the D.J. replaced the live band it was extremely hard to get into the groove because he would continue to interrupt EVERY song babbling about who knows what. No one dancing just staring at one another and holding up the walls. Very different than the reggae clubs I am use to.....2 thumbs down

Visited February 2014