“Amazing chicken!!! ”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #2 of 800 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We wanted a sit-down restaurant where people really feel at home. Where your neighbors wait on you and your whole family.
Jonesboro
“Amazing chicken!!! ”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I cannot express enough how delicious the food was! Our table of 5 ordered the fried chicken and catfish all of which were beyond amazing. Our waitress was more than helpful as it was our first visit to Babe's. The salad, biscuits, and vegetables were all so good! The atmosphere was just as wonderful as the food. I would encourage anyone that likes chicken to visit Babe's, I promise, you will NOT be disappointed!

1 Thank KellinsMimi

Arlington, Texas
“Old Style Homecooking”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband chose here for his birthday because we had not been. It is a fun kind of restaurant for the family. All the staff and some patrons were doing the hokey pokey when we got there. Each person orders a meat, and then sides are brought family style for the whole table. Our table ordered the chicken fried steak, chicken and a catfish. They were all proclaimed tasty. But be aware that almost all the sides seem to have oil or grease in them. So if you are watching your cholesterol, this would not be a good choice. It did feel as if I were eating at my grandmother's table in the 1950's and 60's.

Dalian, China
“Really good place for a family or with friends”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Babe's always come through for our family and social fun gatherings. The meal's are family style serving a main course of fried chicken (our family favorite), smoked chicken, chicken fried steak, servings of salad, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and really good biscuits. We go there whenever we are in town.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joefredperez
Odessa, Texas
“Best Babe's Ive Been To”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The location is a little out of the way but not hard to find. This was the best Babe's I've been to and I think Ive been to all of them.
They seem to have more choices available than other locations. Had the smoked chicken which was awesome. The building itself was very cool on the inside with the set up and decorations. Very neat. Service was very good also. Kids had a good time here also.

Dallas, Texas
“Babes need to hire some new chickens?”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This location totally sucked. Went there to celebrate my mom’s birthday but could not hold a conversation due to the loud music. Babes does this so you are forced to watch the staff perform a line dance. Ask me if I care about the stupid line dancing! How about the “side dishes”? Awful. They refused to bring me a menu and we sent back the chocolate meringue pie because it tasted terrible. Somebody call the fire Marshall because the tables were too close together. What does that tell you? I would have been better off dumpster diving!

1 Thank glb310