“Really good, homestyle chicken”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #2 of 799 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We wanted a sit-down restaurant where people really feel at home. Where your neighbors wait on you and your whole family.
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Really good, homestyle chicken”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a very good meal at Babe's with a group of colleagues. I'm not sure why there are previous reviews complaining about the salad - this is clearly a chicken restaurant, and it does chicken very well. Forget about the salad.

The meal started with some delicious "biscuits" (not like UK biscuits!) that were served warm, with maple syrup and honey. They were awesome.

Sides are unlimited, but I particularly recommend the excellent creamed corn, though the gravy was also exceptional.

As for the main event, the fried chicken, it was outstanding - if you're used to KFC, be prepared to never be able to go there again when you taste how it's supposed to be done. The downside is that it must be close to impossible to finish the portions; on the plus side, you can take it home.

Staff were very friendly throughout.

Oklahoma City
“Good Chicken”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I agree word for word with Texmark comments below. Good food and atmosphere, but the salad is the worst I've ever had.

Arlington, Texas
“I hate their salad dressing!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've eaten here many, many times during the past 2 years and Babe's never disappoints. I've also been to the ones in Burleson and Sanger (I prefer the decor in Sanger - more rustic). The food is consistently the same at all of their locations. They make very good fried chicken, but not much better than a Church's or a Chicken Express. However, their fried catfish is comparable to the best you can get in Arlington (like Catfish Sam's). What makes them unique is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in the area. I love their green beans, creamed corn, and mashed potatoes & cream gravy, but I'd prefer dinner rolls over their biscuits. Also, their salad consists only of limp iceberg lettuce with a sacharine-sweet dressing. Yuck! I've complained to them many times.but many people must like it. Many of the waitresses are students at the nearby University of Texas at Arlington. They are very attentive and provide excellent service. The atmosphere is "country" and sometimes the waitresses perform to the Chicken Dance. If it's your birthday, you get to wear a chicken hat. This is a very good family restaurant, but can be very noisy. Expect to sit in their covered outdoor waiting area during peak hours. I hope you find a seat near a heater if it's cold weather (and under a ceiling fan if it's hot weather).

• Visited December 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“For Fried Chicken. GO HERE!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ok so friends have been telling us to go here for quite some time. They all said the fried chicken is the best and the chicken fried steak is so good, so on and so on so finally we went. And it was the best fried chicken we have ever had. So I packed up the familia and made the 10 minute trip and all I can say is I'm glad we didn't have spaghetti for dinner that day. There is no menu, so you can choose from fried chicken, fried catfish and some good 'ol chicken fried steak. The train that goes around the ceiling line had my son captivated but once the chicken got there he was focused on eating his chicken leg. Everybody gets standard sides brought to the table. Mashed potatoes, corn casserole of some sort (my favorite side), green beans and some amazing rolls. Enough said, go eat here. I gave it 4 stars because it was a little pricy per plate $11.99 but that readily fed one adult and one child.

Cookeville
“Go hungry. Leave full.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

What a great place to eat. I have never seen the amount of food in my life. My family of four each ordered the chicken tenders, and even after eating, we took a large bag of leftovers. Other than your drinks, the only choice we had was the meat. Veggies (corn, mashed potatoes, and green beans) came family style. Two big bowls of each. Endless supply of biscuits. Great find while in town seeing the sites.