“Which came first, the chicken or the steak?”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #2 of 801 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We wanted a sit-down restaurant where people really feel at home. Where your neighbors wait on you and your whole family.
Grand Prairie, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Which came first, the chicken or the steak?”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

limited menu, poor service. Nice atmosphere. Food not really as hot as it should be... ever eat a cold chicken fried grease steak?

NJ
“awesome food! great price”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

we were told to go to babes and go hungry,we had no Idea how much we had coming to us,we both ordered the fried chicken,when it arrived it was a platter full we laughed and figured hey we have a flight back tomorrow we will just bring what is left over for the plane ride. all sides just come with the meal and they keep coming if you want:) we were so stuffed we had no room for desseret,I will make sure next time I save room they had bannana pudding on the menu and if the fried chicken was any indication as to what they can make I am sure the pudding would have been to die for:) it was beyond good! and when the bill came we were shocked it was about 24 dollars GOOD DEAL. I would say next time we go we will order different meats so we can share and enjoy more:)

• Visited November 2012
keller
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been eating at the original Babe's since it opened in 93. Let me start by saying it will always be my favorite. My wife and I were in Arlington and decided to try out the newer location in Arlington while we were close. I love the choices available there such as the green beans and smoked chicken that are not available in Roanoke.

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“So delicious, So afforadble, So Filling!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a restaurant chain, and I can honestly say, after having eaten at them all, I have never had a bad experience. The food is of consistently high quality, the portions more than sufficient, and the atmosphere, one of the most enjoyable. Although they are famous for fried chicken, I always opt for the smoked chicken. You have never had anything like it! For those who have never been, there are five meat choices: fried chicken, smoked chicken, chicken fingers, chicken fried steak and catfish. The salad, dinner rolls, corn, green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy are all served family-style with unlimited refills. Plan to go hungry! And if at all possible, save room for their banana pudding. It's worth giving up an extra dinner roll for!
Hint: In order to avoid a long wait, visit at an off time. We went at 5:00 and only waited for about fifteen minutes. Going in a much later could equal an hour wait or more.
There is not outdoor seating, only outdoor waiting areas, but in the cold weather, the fires are burning and it's quite comfortable!

• Visited April 2013
Omaha
“Phenomenal!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved this place. There was a 30 minute wait but it was worth it. Fried chicken and lots of sides. That's it. The sides, beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, creamed corn are all served family style while you can order a half chicken, chicken fried steak or chicken strips as our main course. It's not fancy, it's not cheap, and it's not healthy. But it is good food. And lots of it. And the place has a sense of humor. A plaque outside informs you that on this site, nothing happened.

• Visited March 2013