“Worth the drive”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 831 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We wanted a sit-down restaurant where people really feel at home. Where your neighbors wait on you and your whole family.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been eating at the original Babe's since it opened in 93. Let me start by saying it will always be my favorite. My wife and I were in Arlington and decided to try out the newer location in Arlington while we were close. I love the choices available there such as the green beans and smoked chicken that are not available in Roanoke.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a restaurant chain, and I can honestly say, after having eaten at them all, I have never had a bad experience. The food is of consistently high quality, the portions more than sufficient, and the atmosphere, one of the most enjoyable. Although they are famous for fried chicken, I always opt for the smoked chicken. You have never had anything like it! For those who have never been, there are five meat choices: fried chicken, smoked chicken, chicken fingers, chicken fried steak and catfish. The salad, dinner rolls, corn, green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy are all served family-style with unlimited refills. Plan to go hungry! And if at all possible, save room for their banana pudding. It's worth giving up an extra dinner roll for!
Hint: In order to avoid a long wait, visit at an off time. We went at 5:00 and only waited for about fifteen minutes. Going in a much later could equal an hour wait or more.
There is not outdoor seating, only outdoor waiting areas, but in the cold weather, the fires are burning and it's quite comfortable!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved this place. There was a 30 minute wait but it was worth it. Fried chicken and lots of sides. That's it. The sides, beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, creamed corn are all served family style while you can order a half chicken, chicken fried steak or chicken strips as our main course. It's not fancy, it's not cheap, and it's not healthy. But it is good food. And lots of it. And the place has a sense of humor. A plaque outside informs you that on this site, nothing happened.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

They only do a few things, but they do them the absolute best. Best chicken fried steak I've ever had!

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I'm a huge Disney theme park fan & I couldn't help but feel like I was dining at one of Disney's very-cool-themed dining joints. This felt like it was right out of a day at Disney Hollywood Studios park at Walt Disney World. Unrivaled atmosphere, great food, gut busting portions, & just an all-around great experience. I would love to go back & take friends to show it off to them!