“Annoyances outweigh the food experience”

Gloria's Latin Cuisine
Ranked #77 of 801 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Gloria's Latin Cuisine is the best place in Arlington for Latin food. From our Salvadorian and Mexican favorites, to our award winning margaritas and black bean dip, there's plenty for all palettes. This location also features salsa dancing and live music on Saturday nights.
Roanoke, Virginia
“Annoyances outweigh the food experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

After hearing how wonderful the food is at Gloria's we decided to visit. We tried to visit once on a Friday night but the place was too busy and the wait too long. This time we went early on a Tues night. The decor is modern, nothing country specific. The dining area was half empty but we waited quite awhile before the hostess paid attention to us and came to seat us. Then she placed us at table by the outside door. The place was half empty but our table was next to the loudest group there. We requested to be moved and they politely moved us to a quieter spot. They quickly brought us chips, salsa and beans. We were hungry and they were good. We ordered guacamole and it was good. My husband found the menu confusing as it is divided by the region the food comes from. We ordered the Chili Relleno, which comes with an enchilada. These were good, but nothing spectacular. The Belini I ordered was good as well. My complaint? There were at least four different people who were trying to wait on us. I was trying to converse with my husband and we were continually interrupted. I eat slowly and a waiter(waitress) would interrupt our conversation and try to take away my food. I finally snapped at one and he went away but others kept coming by. I felt rushed and I did not enjoy my meal.

• Visited June 2012

Arlington, Texas
“8th try”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

live in area tried numerous times, black beans are to die for..rest of menu fair, after 8 dress code turns many off.. outdoor seating avail, under staffed every time we have gone.

Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome atmosphere, delicious food!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Seated promptly upon arriving. Quick service. Friendly staff. Delicious food. Will definitely be back!

Dallas, TX
“Good food but too loud at peak times....”
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm the kind of person who likes coversation over dinner and this restaurant is very loud during peak dinner hours, plus it has a hectic rushed vibe about it. Food is very good...but it's not a relaxing place.

nyc
“Very good food and drinks, nice bar area with big screen TVs”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Gloria's has become one of my go-to spots since moving to Arlington. Great staff, great food, great ambience, great outdoor patio area.

• Visited June 2012