Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South
Ranked #16 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington
“hotel stay”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was very pleased with the accommodations offered at this hotel. The room was comfy and the breakfast was a great perk for families with children. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

BarryWhite76006, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Rashonda P,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Arlington.

Sincerely, General Manager - Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - Arlington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Killeen
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My group and I stay here every year during are weekend retreat. Great service, friendly staff and spacious rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

BarryWhite76006, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Michael R.,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you and your group enjoyed their time at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and we look forward to see you again very soon for your next stay in Arlington.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel frequently and was looking forward to a long weekend get-away with my husband. This hotel had good reviews and was close to AT&T Stadium. What a dump. The room was dirty and smelled like old smoke overlaid with too much air freshener. The couch cushions were worn out and sagging. Carpet had threads pulled. The curtains did not cover the windows without being held in place with a chair. Front desk staff very nice. Housekeeping manager offered us other rooms - just as shabby. Bathrooms nasty (dirty) and tiny. Scum on tile, paint peeling. Seriously - for a hotel that charges more than $100/night, I wouldn't let my cat use it for a litter box. Free breakfast was runny powdered eggs & overcooked sausage. What a disappointment. They should be ashamed to charge for this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BarryWhite76006, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Red0624,

Thank your for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are please to hear you thought our staff was nice.

I apologize that our hotel was a disappointment. We as a management team take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. I know you spoke with our Manager on Duty and a rate adjustment was made to compensate for your concerns and that others rooms were offered. If you would like to discuss this further with a member of hotel staff please call so we may address it with your directly.

Sincerely, General Manager - Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington
Reviewed March 3, 2014

As a point of reference, I like to stay at hotels that are as nice or nicer than my own home, which for this purpose I would rank my digs at a 4 star. Upon occation I will settle for a solid 3 star hotel. We booked that same night we were looking for a hotel and the concierge at hotels.com said they had free breakfast and kitchenette. It was supposed to have been newly renovated. When we drove up, my first thought was a 1970's old apartment complex. I fully expected to see the front desk clerk with a leather blazer, a big gold chain and too much chest hair. Now, the acual clerk was a lady and she was very nice. They did have a sign up saying they had to have a credit card and not a debit card and that the id's needed to match. I thought what kind of clientele do you have that you would need to explain. Hmmmm...... Well, I say lets give it a chance maybe the room is nicer. No such luck. Our room was very tiny and dank. They had low popcorn ceilings, but the kicker was the tub/toilet area. In order to close the door to that space, you needed to step into the tub, close the door, then step back out in order to use the toilet and tub. We didn't stay 10 minutes before we were back down stairs and returning the keys. We stayed at a solid 3 star place up the road.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BarryWhite76006, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear luvadealmom,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you thought our front desk clerk was very nice.

I apologize that nothing else about our hotel was pleasing and if you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience so we may address it with you directly.

Corsicana, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have stayed in previous years with no issues but with a back and ankle injury this makes a different review. It is just like an apartment complex with long walks to your room. I was on second floor of 3. Elevator really slow so I might as well walked the stairs. Front desk ppl was nice on check in and one girl even took my luggage to room. My king room was large living room with fire place, sofa, flat screen tv, pull out sofa. The kitchen was with everything! nice. King bed was just ok. Nice flat screen TV. huge vanity area with huge walk in closet and shelving for shoes etc. They should have made that smaller as the toilet and shower room was together that even a small person has a hard time turning around just to shut the door for privacy. free wifi but was slow. Night time beverages ok with beer, wine, sodas and liquor. 1 1/2 minimum drinks with snacks. The snack was a fried turkey pattie with gravy and rice. side salad all horrible and stale. Hot breakfast was not that good of quality and each morning they ran out of meat at 7am then I had to wait a while for them to replenish. no choice of fruit except apple and banana. My friend has a horrible double bed room that wasn't a suite. They have residents that live there as well. It is close to six flags, hurricane harbor, texas stadium, rangers ballpark, Arlington convention center. Last note...I was in a non smoking room and I called front desk about horrible cigarette smoke coming through my ac vents. she said the below suite was smoking. they was going to put something in the vent and didn't. I didn't want to pack up after I was in bed and move either. I doubt ill stay there again unless I have to as I did this time for business because of my rate.

Room Tip: My room 1202 king size bed was nice except for small shower/toilet room and smoke through vent below...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear "Just an ok stay",

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear you felt our staff was nice and helpful, and most everything about your suite was nice. I'm sorry to hear of your back and ankle injuries and thank you for letting the staff know so they could help you with your luggage.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the bathroom size, slow wifi, food issues, residents living in the hotel and the smoke issue. We have already looked into the wifi, food and smoke issues, and will be reviewing the others as well.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please contact us so we may address it with you directly.