“Great hotel all around!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South
Ranked #16 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great hotel all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here twice this year on business trips. First time was for 2 weeks, and second time was for 6 days. First of all, the location is great. It's just about 20 minutes from downtown, 20 minutes from Richardson (where one of our two offices is located), and not far from Six Flags and the Rangers stadium and the Cowboys stadium. I say not far from Six Flags, I could see the Superman ride from my balcony. Lots of restaurants to choose from in this area as well.

The hotel was clean and well maintained. I will admit, I did get lost the first time trying to find my room (but that's mostly due to my bad sense of direction) but once I found the room, I was pleased. The room was a suite, with a kitchenette, living room, an separate bedroom. Lots of room for all of my stuff (I was in town shooting and editing alot of training videos, so I had loads of equipment). The wireless internet was great and I did not have any issues with it. The second trip I could not get connectivity, however, they do have ethernet cables available at the front desk. Once I had that, I did not have any issues connecting. I just wish they had been a little longer, it was kind of short but it got the job done.

Fitness room was ok, I spent most of my time in Richardson so I ended up going to the Planet Fitness over in that area; but if you just want something like a treadmill to work off some calories, it serves the purpose. The continental breakfast was nice. Food was excellent and was open from I think 6 - 9, so you always had ample time to get over and grab a bite before heading out. No breakfast on weekends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Overall this was a great value! The grounds and rooms are clean, the breakfast is wonderful, and it was a great price. My only complaints are the beds in the double bed room were not very comfortable and some of the outlets were a little iffy. One did not work very well. The bathroom is small but this isn't a concern for me because honestly how much time do you spend in a bathroom on a vacation? Not very much and the actual shower was normal sized which is all I really cared about. The breakfast had a good selection and the front desk staff was very friendly. Overall a good place to stay for short trips, I would not stay more than a couple days due to the uncomfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2012
Alba, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Dear Mr. White,

My wife and I spent January 30 through February 4, 2012 at your Arlington Texas Hawthorne Suites. This was one of the best motel stays we have ever had. The customer service and attention to detail was great. The front office staff was great. The room was clean and everything worked. The entire facility was neat and clean. The fact that you locked the secondary property entrances/exits at night and had a nighttime security guard was comforting. There was no loud parties or guests running around the property making noise at night. The best part was the delicious complementary full breakfast and evening Happy Hour. The food was better than any motel food we have had at any other motel anywhere across the country. My wife and I are independent contractors and work all over this country so finding a safe, clean, comfortable and guest friendly place to stay is important. The next time we are in the Arlington Texas area on business we will definitely be staying at your establishment. Thank you and your staff for an enjoyable stay.

Ted Levitt
Alba Land Services
903-765-2523

Room Tip: Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. Close but not too close to Six Flags, The Ball Park, Cowb...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed there while in town for a convention and came away very impressed with the room, the proximity to just about anything in Arlington, and a pretty good breakfast. This made up for the staff not knowing how to give us the correct receipts for reimbersment. I would definitely stay here for vacation or sporting event.

Room Tip: Stay way from rooms directly in front of the elevators.... Sounds like people are walking through yo...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Very nice, clean and spacious 1-bedroom suite with completely separate sleeping and living areas. Comfortable, large bed. The large restroom sink is not in the bathroom, so the negative comments about the small bathroom are truly not significant. Great having a full kitchen as well as a fireplace. Hearty hot breakfast as well as a complimentary cocktail hour during the week with surprisingly good and varied food. Gracious, accommodating and professional staff. I have stayed there many times and intend to stay there in the future whenever I am in the Arlington area.

Room Tip: Top floor suites have vaulted ceilings in the living room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night after a football game at Cowboys Stadium. Location is not bad in relation to the stadium. Room is average sized, bathroom is tiny --- we are normal sized people and could barely close the door when using the toilet. The sink was really small and outside the bathroom. But that was not our biggest problem. At about 2 a.m. the fire alarm went off, ultimately a false alarm. I understand this part was outside of the hotel's control and do not fault them for it. However, I do fault them for the staff reaction to the incident. My husband and I evacuated to the lobby, which was in a separate building from ours where the alarm was going off. The front desk clerk was panicking and worrying himself about how to shut off the alarm rather than making sure the fire department was called and that all guests were evacuated. I even suggested he call the fire department and the suggestion was blown off. In fact, I believe it was another guest who ultimately called 911. They are lucky it was just a false alarm and not an actual fire. Also, no offer was made to rectify the middle of the night disruption. I plan on writing a letter to management to notify them of my concerns.

• Stayed November 2011
, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Arlington/dfw South, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you for staying with us while attending your football game at Dallas Cowboys stadium. We do take the safety of our guest and staff very serious and apologize for what happened at 2AM. We will definitely review all that happened and make sure all is done to keep everyone safe. I would call you myself, but Trip Advisor does not give me this information, and look forward to hearing from you. If I may assist with anything else, please let me know.

Barry White
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

the suites were great. rooms were large, extra space, clean, staff was very nice and helpful. the staff went out of way to help us. We were there to watch family play in cowboys stadium. The only bad thing was the bath room with shower was so small. Still worth it.We had 4 rooms and 13 family members, everybody was please with rooms. I would stay there agian.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family