“This place is a dump.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“This place is a dump.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is the worst motel we've stayed in in 20 years. No hot water, door locks are iffy and sofa sleeper is old and uncomfortable. We had to fetch our own towels and get in their face to get a blanket. Post-game partying went on, unimpeded, until 3 am. The only thing this place has going for it is proximity to Cowboys Stadium. And it's not all that close either. A miserable experience.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MetheDuck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Clarksville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

The only good thing about this place is the pool & location. When we were at the hotel we spend most of the time at the nicely shaded pool and out of our room.
Stayed here in the 2 room suite (if you would call it that). It's 2 bedrooms and 1 kitchen/living area. The rooms overall have a very used/ rough look to it. Banged/ busted up old furniture. There is no a/c in 1 room. They have an exhaust fan to blow air into the bedroom. The other bedroom with its own a/c barely kept the room cool. Lobby is nice and renovated and rooms are very old and disgusting! Carpet was stained and nasty. My 11 month old did not touch the floor at all there. No exhaust fan in bathroom- so the steam gets bad when you shower and yes we did run out of hot water quick. 1 toilet ran the whole time. Shower was nasty and small. We didn't have enough towels for all of us and neither did the front desk when asked.
The mattresses are awful and very old and it leaned to one side. Sheets and comforter were old, stained and felt like they weren't cleaned. The pull out bed was falling apart. My young sons whose combined weight is less than 80 pounds made the pull out mattress sag. They didn't get pillows or addition blankets (beside sheets) because the hotel ran out!?! Walkways around are dirty and have very dark places- I would never venture out after dark on those grounds. I always kept the door locked. There were some pretty seedy guests staying in hotel.
Will never stay there again. I was so temped to sleep in my minivan- it would have been much more comfortable and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I rang this hotel and told them I had read bad reviews and they assured me that they were under new management and things were better. REALLY. 2 high lights, Leanord and Melissa. Manager did her duty....There was nothing to cook with when we got there...OK we can get some stuff. Luckily we took paper plates with us so we had something to eat off. The A/C in one room was working the other A/C...not so good. The toilet in one bathroom kept running. It is an older hotel (at least I think it is) so I can forgive some of the faults. The fact that the Fire alarm went off and no one seemed the least bit worried was unbelivable. But above all, and this I know is our own fault but good grief, a plush rose of my daughters was taken. To top it off her DSI which was in a drawer covered with clothing was STOLEN too. If it had been out on view I would take full responsibilty for the loss but it was in a drawer under clothing...Maybe thats why they didn't make up one of the rooms the day before we left...too busy searching for things to steal! I would not recommend this hotel, not to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wesson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

This Hotel is horrible. I expected the hotel to be like the photos and it wasn't even close.. I was over charged for this hotel!! If I'm paying 100.00 dollars a night I would like some quailty.. The whole place was dirty the room and the pool. They did not have a good breakfast either!! I would not suggest staying at this place EVER!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

Stayed here for the superbowl. Withing walking distance of the stadium plus an enormous amount of restaurants and shops in Lincoln Square. Free shuttle service to and from the airport and anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The staff was excellent and accomodating. The free continental breakfast was great plus they have a social hour weeknights (they had it on the weekend too, for the superbowl) with free beer and wine, and snacks and hors d'oervres. Our suite was very nice (full kitchen), and I had the best nights sleep on one of the most comfortable king size beds ever. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again when visiting Arlington.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SMiller78
Columbus, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We checked in on Thur. and had asked for 2 rooms next to each other since our children were staying in their own room. The rooms were on opposite sides of the building ! My son found a crack pipe in his room on the floor and had a couch bed with yellow sheets, the room was so filthy our feet were black from walking on it barefooted. There was no hot water in either room. I contacted the front desk about the finding and was told " We can put you in another room" No biggy right? We left and spent the day at 6 Flags and after returning, still had not been contacted about our findings or concerns. Friday night, we spoke with another family who stated they had found marijuana in their room and they did not have hot water either, another family also had black feet from the carpet and the cleaning staff had left their room wide open after cleaning it, they were gone all day at Six Flags and did not know their room was left open. Upon check out, I called the front desk again and asked about contacting mangement, I was told by the staff " How do we know it's not your pipe, how do we know you didnt bring it with you" and was rudely hung up on. After fighting with the staff and speaking to a "manager" we were paid back for 1 room at 2 nights pay but the other families had not be refunded as of Monday after our stay. The trolly did not come on time and over all, the trip was a total loss!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank txcharm71
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

My school booked me at Econo Lodge for 5 Weeks. Staff was very friendly - sometimes pick up from / to school was "challenging" because other students (the last two weeks) stayed at the same place and we have taken privat car to drive to school because of missing space.
Larry was very kind - thanks a lot!
The Gym was (for my opinion) not very clean. Towels were not replaced and it took some minutes to open the door!
The Pool area was great just in front of my room.
In the room were some "smokers hole" in the table, otherwise the room was good. Sometimes just very hot water for 10mins because the boiler was closed to the room.
Thanks to all staff to support me during my learning phase.
Kind regards from Switzerland, Seraina