“great place for a six flags trip”

Baymont Inn & Suites Arlington at Six Flags DR
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I stayed for the U2 concert on Dallas Cowboys Stadium and had a such calm stay that I could go to and from the stadium walking! The hotel is a 3 min walk from Six Flags, which is great. The staff was good and the rooms were comfy with a good "hotel smell". I would surely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed here because of its location, its within walking distance to Six Flags. The hotel looked nice and it was a very affordable price. After returning from a long day we returned to our room and went to bed. During the night I heard someone knocking on my door several times but never found anyone there. When I woke up the next morning......early for coffee.....I noticed a man sleeping in the hallway. I pointed the man out to the cleaning ladies, who just shrugged it off. I went to the front desk and notified the desk clerk. The desk clerk said he knew and had already tried to wake him up. By this time 3 other families were at the desk complaining about the same problem. Come to find out the clerk knew the man was sleeping there the whole night and did nothing. The clerk refused to call the police and insisted on calling the manager, who never arrived. Some of the guests decided to deal with it themselves and contacted the man, who was highly intoxicated. After identifying the man the hotel clerk could not find a reservation for him. We insisted he contact the police but instead called the fire dept. The medics arrived, checked him out and released him. As I was standing in the lobby with the clerk, the drunken man walks back into the hotel and goes up the elevator. I asked the clerk if he found out the man had a room and he said no. The staff let the drunken man wonder the hallways for about an hour before we convinced him to contact the police. When the police arrived they were unable to locate him. I asked the clerk to contact the manager and inform him there were several families here that need to talk to him. After he contacted the manager we were told the manager was busy, he may return but may not. He said we could wait if we wanted to. The hotel staff did not see any harm in the situation and refused to resolve it. Instead they let a drunk wonder the hallways, which were filled with families of small children. I would not suggest staying at this hotel with a family.....very unsafe. I will not stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2010

My family, two adults, two 9 year old children and one young teen visited six flags over our spring break holiday. This was a wonderful choice of a hotel. The facility was VERY close to the park, we walked to and from the hotel, it was maybe a 10 minute walk. The hotel was clean, the room was clean, smelled good, air worked, even had a ceiling fan. The management was friendly if a little understaffed, but it was spring break. Bathroom was clean, good sheets and towels, really just a very decent hotel This wasn't the Ritz-Carlton, but we were there for the park, not the hotel amenities. Great for families, that simple.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank law183
Reviewed October 21, 2009

It was affordable and clean but nothing is special. It would be a good choice if you are looking for an affordable and cozy accomodation close to six flags.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2009

This Baymont is clean, quiet, well-run and has outstanding beds. If you have a bad back problemlike I do, this is definitely the hotel for you. The location just can't be beat, especially since it's on the trolley line to all the nearby attractions and a mall. Some are a short walk. The Baymont also has a great pool and an airport shuttle. I especially appreciated the ceiling fan in my room. I didn't get up in time for breakffast, so can't comment on that. All the staff were kind and helpful. I stayed there a week and plan to return. There are lots of fine hotels in the area, but I'll stay with this Baymont.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I was with my wife and daughter and her husband in Arlington.
We all stayed at a different hotel in the area the night before coming to this hotel. It was twice the money and not as good as this hotel was.
I was going to be spending the night by myself. But my other family members decided to stay another night with me. I only had one bed reserved at this hotel. The staff was happy to change my room to 2 beds for a nominal charge. The beds had new comfortable mattresses on them. The ceiling fans in the rooms were also very nice. Good free wireless internet in the rooms and a good breakfast. Liked the free shuttle to the Rangers ballpark. Not a luxury hotel but a good stay for the money. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2008

This stay was the result of missing my connecting flight in Dallas - American Airlines booked about 35 people here in one night after a wide spread delay caused them to miss their flights - 35 people and the hotel sent one shuttle which held 10 people - trip is 30 minutes one way - you do the math - wait was over an hour long if you were in the second group, even longer for the next group. Hotel unfriendly, smelled smoky, brown paper sacks were cut up and placed in windows that lined the corridors, did not feel safe at all and could not wait to get out of there - was charged a reduced rate as the result of the airline delay and that was still way too much - do not recommend this at all - part of Wyndham Hotel chain but you would not know it! Shame on American Airlines for treating their passengers this way - everyone I was with had to take an extra day for travel and were forced to stand like cattle waiting on the shuttle only to be subjected to bug infested hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)