“ok name brand place walkable to the sports complexes”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
NoCal
“ok name brand place walkable to the sports complexes”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

stayed here three days for the World Series. Spoke to a co worker who told me not to stay in Dallas as the traffic was bad. This place had the best rates about three weeks from the event. Late checkin after 11pm, but the desk person was very polite and confirmed my reservation via phone. Finally arrived and got a first floor king. The room was a suite type with full size fridge and microwave and all the cooking utensils. The bedroom looked ok, but was small with not much room between the dresser and bed. The closet mirror doors appeared to have been yanked around by some heavy handed guests more than one or two times. The bathroom was split as the sink was outside, toilet and shower in the bathroom itself. I thought these types of extended stay places did not offer housekeeping daily, but it does and re stocks everything. All the outside doors except for the lobby needed a card key to enter, so security was good. The landscaping person was seen two out of three days during my stay and the breakfast ladies work very hard to keep everything stocked for the guests. Only one morning, the breakfast area was full, most other times, hit and miss. Did not use the fitness center, but it looked to have newer type cardio machines. A supermarket was about a 5 min drive (if you did not get lost) and I realized to get to shopping centers, I did not have to get on the freeway, just drive on the big and wide streets. I walked to Rangers Stadium in the opposing team's bright orange and black colors and did not get yelled or jeered at (about a mile and ok walk if you are in ok shape). Did not do any sightseeing as the WS was what I came for. Sheraton is the closest hotel (you can see it when you walk to the stadium) and the was a no name motel next door, As I was walking, I met another fan who checked into that motel and he said it was clean and $50 a day less than the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelingChumley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I love staying at Hilton properties, but this one has been very disappointing. I will never stay at this property again. The first room I was given smelled heavily of cigarette smoke (and even had 2 ashtrays in this non-smok ing room), every single drawer in the room was pulled open, cushions were stacked on the couch and chair, and the ottoman was on the chair. (The entire hallway near that room smelled of smoke as well). I asked for another room. In the next room, the smoke alarm was beeping because it needed new batteries, and there was a spot of someone's drink on the coffee table. I was moved to another room. The third room has a dirty refrigerator, an ottoman with nasty oil stains and what looks like specs of frosting left on it (that could have easily been cleaned up), and the closet in the bedroom has a dripping sound coming from it (it appears that the air conditioner is in there). I didn't want to change rooms yet again, so I am putting up with this. Also, I went to the exercise room (which was OK) then was going to hop in the pool, but the door to the pool and hot tub has a sign that the entire facility is out of order.
The hallways were dirty as well and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
hwsarl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be reaching out to you to follow up on the issues you had during your stay.

Diana Ionita
Austin
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Just spent the last two nights here. Family of five, so the fold out couch was nice. It was a quiet hotel and close to Six Flags. We were able to walk with our 8 and 11 year olds about 1/2 a mile to Six Flags and back, which saved us $15 in parking. Trolly system was available, but ran about an hour apart and schedule was not easy to figure out.

Hotel staff gave you a 30 minute window of when it might be there and did not offer much in a way of explanation of how the service worked, so we just decided to take the 10 minute hike to the park.

Breakfast was good, consisted of eggs both mornings. One day canadian bacon and the other day regualr bacon. Bagels, toast, cereal and waffles. Coffee, milk and juice. Dinner meals were good, but did not offer any sort of a variety. If the menu says dumplings, corn and biscuits, then that is all that will be served and nothing more. Punch, tea and water to drink, no sodas. Wine and beer also.

I tried to call the day before and ask what the menu was for the light evening meal that was being served, but the front desk told us it was impossible for them to know. Amazingly, we found the entire month's menu on the refrigerator in our room once we got there. Not sure why they were unwilling to give us that information over the phone. It is not like we would of asked them to change it.

Pool and pool area was very clean, but pool was smaller than expected. Rooms, lobby, business center and eating area also very clean. The only thing that could of been cleaner was the inside elevator doors, lots of smudges from younger kids.

All in all, we would stay here again, if going to Six Flags.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New Mexico
Reviewed June 19, 2010

First off, with the positve. Three positive things. The location is about 3 blocks away from Six Flags. The staff is fairly friendly. The breakfast is not bad and the girl who cooked worked very hard. Now with everything else......I will NOT ever stay here again. When we first pulled up, my son said, "Mom, this looks like a Rest Home." We went to our room and when I walked into the restroom and looked up, there was mold all over the ceiling. We went back to the desk and they "acted" surprised, but I do not know how they would not know of that. We went to another room. All of they rooms we went in smelled weird. I had to spray it down. Next, although the room was "no-smoking," we discovered that cigarette smoke was coming into the room through the vent in the bathroom so we had to keep the vent running and the bathroom door shut. The next day, we went to Six Flags all day. Once we returned to the hotel, at 11 p.m., we were exhausted and ready to crash, but our room key would not work. So I had to walk all the way around to the front desk for our key to be reactivated. Once someone came to help me, another lady came around and jokingly said, "we will for 5 dollars!" I just wasn't in the mood for jokes. The next morning, we were hoping to sleep in, but around 6 a.m. this loud noise woke us up! My husband jumped out of bed, grabbed the alarm clock and tried to shut it off, but it wasn't the alarm clock. It was the fire alarm! I could not believe it. I called the front desk to ask what was going on and they told us to immediately get outside. It didn't shut off for 30 minutes! Come to find out some kids were playing around. We checked out that morning and checked in to the LaQuinta a few blocks away-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LAQUINTA INN & SUITES INSTEAD!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
West Monroe, LA
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The staff here was awesome! We stayed here to attend baseball games at Ranger Stadium. The trolley was running a little behind picking up to take people to the ballpark and the manager on duty came out and took everyone that was waiting. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Great location. Breakfast was very good--large selection. Since we were there on the weekend, I can't comment on the evening selections. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
near Houston
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed here while attending the Cotton Bowl in the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. It was beautiful with a great room and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Breakfast was better than the norm and the best part is the location if you're going to a game or Six Flags. They even provided free wrist bands for us to take the Arlington Trolley to the game. They also have a great business center, which was totally stocked with all the office supplies you would need.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LASusie
oklahoma
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Stayed at this hotel with my niece and daughter for one night after seeing the Jonas Brothers. The front desk staff was very friendly and talked to the girls about the concert. We loved the roominess of our suite; my niece really liked having her own private bed and tv. Everything was super clean. We all enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. It was so convenient to Six Flags that day that we could have easily walked or taken advantage of their free shuttle service. I will stay here again my next trip to the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family