All reviews six flags evening reception full kitchen within walking distance two room suite small kitchen amusement park home away from home complimentary breakfast great place to stay stayed two nights close proximity early check location is great baseball stadium indoor pool great room
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I love staying at Hilton properties, but this one has been very disappointing. I will never stay at this property again. The first room I was given smelled heavily of cigarette smoke (and even had 2 ashtrays in this non-smok ing room), every single drawer in the room was pulled open, cushions were stacked on the couch and chair, and the ottoman was on the chair. (The entire hallway near that room smelled of smoke as well). I asked for another room. In the next room, the smoke alarm was beeping because it needed new batteries, and there was a spot of someone's drink on the coffee table. I was moved to another room. The third room has a dirty refrigerator, an ottoman with nasty oil stains and what looks like specs of frosting left on it (that could have easily been cleaned up), and the closet in the bedroom has a dripping sound coming from it (it appears that the air conditioner is in there). I didn't want to change rooms yet again, so I am putting up with this. Also, I went to the exercise room (which was OK) then was going to hop in the pool, but the door to the pool and hot tub has a sign that the entire facility is out of order.
The hallways were dirty as well and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
hwsarl, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2010

Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be reaching out to you to follow up on the issues you had during your stay.

Diana Ionita

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Just spent the last two nights here. Family of five, so the fold out couch was nice. It was a quiet hotel and close to Six Flags. We were able to walk with our 8 and 11 year olds about 1/2 a mile to Six Flags and back, which saved us $15 in parking. Trolly system was available, but ran about an hour apart and schedule was not easy to figure out.

Hotel staff gave you a 30 minute window of when it might be there and did not offer much in a way of explanation of how the service worked, so we just decided to take the 10 minute hike to the park.

Breakfast was good, consisted of eggs both mornings. One day canadian bacon and the other day regualr bacon. Bagels, toast, cereal and waffles. Coffee, milk and juice. Dinner meals were good, but did not offer any sort of a variety. If the menu says dumplings, corn and biscuits, then that is all that will be served and nothing more. Punch, tea and water to drink, no sodas. Wine and beer also.

I tried to call the day before and ask what the menu was for the light evening meal that was being served, but the front desk told us it was impossible for them to know. Amazingly, we found the entire month's menu on the refrigerator in our room once we got there. Not sure why they were unwilling to give us that information over the phone. It is not like we would of asked them to change it.

Pool and pool area was very clean, but pool was smaller than expected. Rooms, lobby, business center and eating area also very clean. The only thing that could of been cleaner was the inside elevator doors, lots of smudges from younger kids.

All in all, we would stay here again, if going to Six Flags.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2010

First off, with the positve. Three positive things. The location is about 3 blocks away from Six Flags. The staff is fairly friendly. The breakfast is not bad and the girl who cooked worked very hard. Now with everything else......I will NOT ever stay here again. When we first pulled up, my son said, "Mom, this looks like a Rest Home." We went to our room and when I walked into the restroom and looked up, there was mold all over the ceiling. We went back to the desk and they "acted" surprised, but I do not know how they would not know of that. We went to another room. All of they rooms we went in smelled weird. I had to spray it down. Next, although the room was "no-smoking," we discovered that cigarette smoke was coming into the room through the vent in the bathroom so we had to keep the vent running and the bathroom door shut. The next day, we went to Six Flags all day. Once we returned to the hotel, at 11 p.m., we were exhausted and ready to crash, but our room key would not work. So I had to walk all the way around to the front desk for our key to be reactivated. Once someone came to help me, another lady came around and jokingly said, "we will for 5 dollars!" I just wasn't in the mood for jokes. The next morning, we were hoping to sleep in, but around 6 a.m. this loud noise woke us up! My husband jumped out of bed, grabbed the alarm clock and tried to shut it off, but it wasn't the alarm clock. It was the fire alarm! I could not believe it. I called the front desk to ask what was going on and they told us to immediately get outside. It didn't shut off for 30 minutes! Come to find out some kids were playing around. We checked out that morning and checked in to the LaQuinta a few blocks away-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LAQUINTA INN & SUITES INSTEAD!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The staff here was awesome! We stayed here to attend baseball games at Ranger Stadium. The trolley was running a little behind picking up to take people to the ballpark and the manager on duty came out and took everyone that was waiting. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Great location. Breakfast was very good--large selection. Since we were there on the weekend, I can't comment on the evening selections. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We stayed here while attending the Cotton Bowl in the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. It was beautiful with a great room and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Breakfast was better than the norm and the best part is the location if you're going to a game or Six Flags. They even provided free wrist bands for us to take the Arlington Trolley to the game. They also have a great business center, which was totally stocked with all the office supplies you would need.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple