All reviewssix flagsevening receptionfull kitchenwithin walking distancetwo room suitesmall kitchenamusement parkhome away from homecomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripgreat place to staystayed two nightsclose proximityearly checklocation is greatbaseball stadiumindoor pool
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Stayed at this hotel with my niece and daughter for one night after seeing the Jonas Brothers. The front desk staff was very friendly and talked to the girls about the concert. We loved the roominess of our suite; my niece really liked having her own private bed and tv. Everything was super clean. We all enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. It was so convenient to Six Flags that day that we could have easily walked or taken advantage of their free shuttle service. I will stay here again my next trip to the area.

Reviewed June 23, 2009

My cousin and I, both in our 50's but young at heart, wanted to visit Six Flags again. Not knowing how many children/grandchildren would accompany us, we booked the 2 BR suite. It was perfect. We both had room to visit but return to have privacy. The sofa bed was there had it been needed for extra sleeping space. We arrived early and since our room was not ready, went to the nearby Denny's for a quick lunch. Upon returning, even though still an early check in, our room was ready. We walked to Six Flags, spent a fun, but exhausting day, walked back, ordered pizza delivery and swam until our late dinner arrived. I would most definitely recommend this hotel. We plan to return if for nothing than just a "girls" weekend.

Reviewed June 13, 2009

I usually don't write reviews but felt I needed to because of the negative reviews. The staff was very polite including the cook staff. Rooms were very clean, quite and plenty of space. Traveled with two teenage boys so the breakfast and dinner was nice , which was included with room. It was a easy, safe walk to six flags.

Reviewed May 13, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights on business in May, 2009. I'd say that the hotel was a standard, extended-stay experience -- it wasn't incredibly nice, but there weren't any major problems, either, and for the price I have no objections. I had a roomy 2-room suite with a decent kitchen that had all of the necessary equipment to whip up a couple of things on the stovetop. Though the decor is not very fancy, everything was clean. The bed was comfortable, although it had a fairly old bedspread (I've been in other Homewood properties that have moved to a more modern, white-bedding look). The one annoying thing in the room were the toilets, which continued to run unless you lifted the lever all the way up (I figured this out on the second day of my stay when I got tired of hearing the water run). The business center had all of the necessary software and printing capabilities. The evening reception left a little bit to be desired. "Tuna melts" were on the menu -- it was a big pan of canned tuna next to a few slices of cheese and an iceberg lettuce salad on the side. The complimentary breakfast was a little bit better. The service at the hotel was fine -- at check-in, they write down your driver's license number, which is weird, but apparently a city ordinance. The power went out during my stay, but that's nothing that the hotel could control; it seemed to be off down the whole block. The front desk was able to give me a glow stick during the power outage, which provided enough light to brush my teeth with. Overall, this stay was fine -- not the nicest Homewood Suites I've ever been in, but no problems, either. The surrounding area has a lot of chain restaurants, etc; the hotel is right next to the ballpark and Six Flags. There are lots of hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We stayed at his property last year. Read review from December 2007. Last time we stayed we had reserved a suite with 2 beds and were given a suite with only one bed. No more rooms with 2 beds available so we made do. I didn't ask for any compensation but the manger sent me a certificate for 2 free nights. The certificate stated that I had to call the hotel directly to make the reservation. I did so and told them that I would be using the certificate. I was told to bring the certificate when I checked in. Nothing more. When I got to the hotel to check in, I was told that I could not use the certificate without prior "management" approval. Whoever took my reservation (she wasn't employed there anymore) should have told me according to the manager on duty. (She wasn't really on duty because I had to wait 30 minutes for her to get there.) She also told me that the manager that signed the certificate was no longer employed there. I don't know what that had to to with the situation. She told me that it would take at least a week to get the certificate approved. When I asked to speak to someone higher up, she told me that she was it. When I asked to speak to someone from Hilton, she told me that they were a franchise and not owned by Hilton and that Hilton could not help me. She had rooms available if I wanted to pay for one for the night. I declined her offer.

Anyway, we went over to the LaQuinta and got a room. This was a very nice and clean hotel. They don't have an indoor pool but the staff was very friendly and helpful unlike the "management" at the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family