“Close to Arlington attractions”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Davis, Oklahoma
“Close to Arlington attractions”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here back in April and found the place to be quite comfortable for a weekend stay. Our main reason for choosing the property was its proximity to Six Flags & Cowboy Stadium as well as the fact that it is a Hilton property. We were not disappointed. The check-in process was smooth and speedy. Our two room suite met our expectations and was very clean. We rested quite well during our stay and will definitely consider staying here once again when we return to the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mara D, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello and thank you for your kind remarks on our hotel! How wonderful that three months after your trip, you still felt so inclined as to spread the word! We very much enjoy being able to offer spacious suites and accommodations to travelers such as yourself who are looking for something right in the heart of Arlington's Entertainment District. Now that summer at Six Flags is coming to a close, maybe we'll see you during the upcoming Cowboys season! Thanks again and have a wonderful week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We went to Arlington to spend a day at 6 Flags with family. This was our first visit to this hotel and we wouldn't stay at any other hotel. Staff was awesome, room was clean and a good deal. We got a two-room suite and had no complaints. Complimentary breakfast staff greeted us every morning with a smile and were very attentive. Thank you so much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Clarksville, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Everything about the hotel was great. Pool area was inside it was nice and warm even the water was warm. They have pool towels which are very convenient and lifesaver in pool area. The breakfast was good different varieties, they have choices even for people who are eating healthy. Breakfast staff is just great very nice and friendly. Computers are available until midnight and printing is free. Trolley takes you to different places. The areas is safe and great location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our A/C didn't work the first night. After horrible service and we were given a BOXFAN, WE had to call the front desk again to get something done. We were told that we would be compt TWO nights but on our "third night" we were told only one night would be compt. After all the crappy lies and service, we decided to checkout of the hotel and go elsewhere. It ruined our two children's(4 & 7) vacation and ours also. We will not be back for this reason!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very clean hotel. The morning and evening meals were very good. The hotel's location was well suited for my stay. Food and baseball was all within walking distance. The trolly service to Ranger Stadium was a definite plus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this Homewood in early July of 2013, 2 adults and 2 children. It is within walking distance of 6 Flags Over Texas and Ranger's Ballpark. We did walk to 6 Flags as well as use the complimentary trolley the hotel provides to both the amusement park and ball park. It is a very clean hotel, and the food provided for breakfast and the evening meal was very good. My score is based on the service, or lack of. When we checked in, we noticed that there were only 3 bath towels and 3 wash cloths. We called the front desk to let them know that we had 4 in our party, 2 adults and 2 children, and would need another bath towel and wash cloth. They brought them up in a reasonable amount of time. The next night, after a long day at 6 Flags, we returned to our room to find that once again there were only 3 of each. Again, I called the front desk and let them know that we had to call last night, and now we are calling again for the same thing. I kindly let them know that there was going to be 4 of us here each day. They said they would let housekeeping know that we require extra towels. I told them we don't need "extra" towels - just one per person would be nice. I don't appreciate having to call every day to say the same thing "There are 4 of us - you know there are 4 of us because you require that I give you that information before I can even book a reservation with you. I would like one bath towel and one wash cloth for each of us so we don't have to share". Needless to say, even on the last day, we still had to call for the 3rd straight day and ask for another towel and wash cloth. To me, that's unacceptable. Accommodate your guests and predict their needs so they don't have to call the front desk every day of their stay and request things that they should have already been given. Other service issues were: we used the dishwasher on the first day and was never left another dish detergent the remainder of our stay, so our dishes were washed by hand with liquid soap that we had packed. This defeats the purpose of paying for a room with a dishwasher. We also never got new coffees for the room brewer once we brewed the 2 that were left on the first day. I want a hassle free stay, and this place didn't provide it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mara D, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the lack of attention paid to the needs of you and your family. We certainly do not make it a habit of being so negligent, as we understand that travelers such as yourself come to us with an expectation of hospitality and a hassle-free stay, as you said. I very much regret to hear that we were not able to provide that. Please know that this issue of poor communication has been brought to the attention of both Front Desk and Housekeeping departments, so as to prevent any similar dissatisfaction on the part of any future guests. Thank you again for your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Richmond, TX
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am writing this review to counter the one star that DiaEagle007 gave this hotel considering they didn't even stay there! I don't understand how reviews like this get through and posted bringing a hotel rating down? I have been scheduled to stay at this hotel for a few months for August and am looking forward to it. When I am looking for a place to stay I read all the reviews to see if this is a place both my daughter and myself would enjoy. Most of the comments have been very good.

I want to read things about the room, staff, bedding (comfortable or not), food, shuttle (if there is one or not) and of course the pool and surrounding area. I do not want to hear that someone didn't get their important mail sent to them in time. (Not that it doesn't matter, but it doesn't effect my future stay either way.) Everyone in the business world has sent something to the wrong person or vise versa at least once. It happens. Whatever. Just really gets under my skin and I feel bad for the management having to deal with this when the people clearly didn't even stay there. I understand if you have a bad experience at a hotel (we all have) but this was really just someone bad-mouthing a hotel.

That being said, I still look forward to my visit and future visits as my son is starting at UT Dallas (Richardson, TX) in August. This is close enough to go to Six Flags (we have passes at all Six Flags) and also visit with him in a suite size room. I will update my review in August after my 5 day stay and let you know my personal opinion of this hotel. :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Angela S.,

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. Of course, we encourage all folks who have experienced our service to write reviews, whether they end up booking with us or not. But I certainly appreciate the fact that you, as well as most other travelers, are not swayed by one negative review, but rather look at the overwhelming number of positive reviews instead.

We certainly look forward to your stay with us, and please, stop by the front desk when you arrive to say hello!

Regards,