“Great Accommodations”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #13 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very clean hotel. The morning and evening meals were very good. The hotel's location was well suited for my stay. Food and baseball was all within walking distance. The trolly service to Ranger Stadium was a definite plus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this Homewood in early July of 2013, 2 adults and 2 children. It is within walking distance of 6 Flags Over Texas and Ranger's Ballpark. We did walk to 6 Flags as well as use the complimentary trolley the hotel provides to both the amusement park and ball park. It is a very clean hotel, and the food provided for breakfast and the evening meal was very good. My score is based on the service, or lack of. When we checked in, we noticed that there were only 3 bath towels and 3 wash cloths. We called the front desk to let them know that we had 4 in our party, 2 adults and 2 children, and would need another bath towel and wash cloth. They brought them up in a reasonable amount of time. The next night, after a long day at 6 Flags, we returned to our room to find that once again there were only 3 of each. Again, I called the front desk and let them know that we had to call last night, and now we are calling again for the same thing. I kindly let them know that there was going to be 4 of us here each day. They said they would let housekeeping know that we require extra towels. I told them we don't need "extra" towels - just one per person would be nice. I don't appreciate having to call every day to say the same thing "There are 4 of us - you know there are 4 of us because you require that I give you that information before I can even book a reservation with you. I would like one bath towel and one wash cloth for each of us so we don't have to share". Needless to say, even on the last day, we still had to call for the 3rd straight day and ask for another towel and wash cloth. To me, that's unacceptable. Accommodate your guests and predict their needs so they don't have to call the front desk every day of their stay and request things that they should have already been given. Other service issues were: we used the dishwasher on the first day and was never left another dish detergent the remainder of our stay, so our dishes were washed by hand with liquid soap that we had packed. This defeats the purpose of paying for a room with a dishwasher. We also never got new coffees for the room brewer once we brewed the 2 that were left on the first day. I want a hassle free stay, and this place didn't provide it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Mara D, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the lack of attention paid to the needs of you and your family. We certainly do not make it a habit of being so negligent, as we understand that travelers such as yourself come to us with an expectation of hospitality and a hassle-free stay, as you said. I very much regret to hear that we were not able to provide that. Please know that this issue of poor communication has been brought to the attention of both Front Desk and Housekeeping departments, so as to prevent any similar dissatisfaction on the part of any future guests. Thank you again for your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am writing this review to counter the one star that DiaEagle007 gave this hotel considering they didn't even stay there! I don't understand how reviews like this get through and posted bringing a hotel rating down? I have been scheduled to stay at this hotel for a few months for August and am looking forward to it. When I am looking for a place to stay I read all the reviews to see if this is a place both my daughter and myself would enjoy. Most of the comments have been very good.

I want to read things about the room, staff, bedding (comfortable or not), food, shuttle (if there is one or not) and of course the pool and surrounding area. I do not want to hear that someone didn't get their important mail sent to them in time. (Not that it doesn't matter, but it doesn't effect my future stay either way.) Everyone in the business world has sent something to the wrong person or vise versa at least once. It happens. Whatever. Just really gets under my skin and I feel bad for the management having to deal with this when the people clearly didn't even stay there. I understand if you have a bad experience at a hotel (we all have) but this was really just someone bad-mouthing a hotel.

That being said, I still look forward to my visit and future visits as my son is starting at UT Dallas (Richardson, TX) in August. This is close enough to go to Six Flags (we have passes at all Six Flags) and also visit with him in a suite size room. I will update my review in August after my 5 day stay and let you know my personal opinion of this hotel. :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Angela S.,

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. Of course, we encourage all folks who have experienced our service to write reviews, whether they end up booking with us or not. But I certainly appreciate the fact that you, as well as most other travelers, are not swayed by one negative review, but rather look at the overwhelming number of positive reviews instead.

We certainly look forward to your stay with us, and please, stop by the front desk when you arrive to say hello!

Regards,

Kyle Johnson

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel was ideal for our trip to Arlington. We needed a facility that was pet friendly; near our other group members at a rival hotel; and convenient to our venue for our meetings. This hotel was all of that and more. The Breakfast and Evening reception/meal staff were exceptional. Friendly and took pride in providing a good experience. Convenient to Six Flags as we were able to walk back and forth a number of times conveniently. Grounds and rooms well maintained and clean. One TV was not operating properly, but all other amenities were terrific. We look forward to our next stay at Homewood Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Mara D, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

What a wonderful review - I'm so glad we could meet all your traveling needs! We love being able to offer so many perks and amenities to guests such as yourself. Thank you for taking the time to share those conveniences with your fellow travelers. We, too, look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Overall very good stay... some minor problems regarding the toilet and timeliness it took to correct. However, very nice room, breakfast for the price I paid. We wanted to stay as close to 6flags as we could and this hotel is the nicest within walking distance of the park and the hotel also offers a trolley system if needed. We were very happy with the friendliness of the hotel staff and the ammenities offered.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your kind words about the quality of our offerings! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the presentation of our meals. Come back, and we'll show you how that pride can extend to guest service, as well! I'm so sorry to hear we dropped the ball this time; please know that is not a common practice among our staff members.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great hotel. It is located right next to Six Flags and the Rangers Ball park. I think they are trying to cut the food budget. They have a lady hanging around the dinner buffet in the evening telling folks that they should only take 1 food item. I've never seen anything like this. It was amusing. The rest of the staff really demonstrates a dedication to customer service. Also, the toilet seems to randomly fill - sometimes waking you up at night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I am so sorry to hear that the Manager's Reception lacked both in service and bounty. While, of course, we are as cost-conscious as anyone, we understand that those concerns should in no way affect the satisfaction of our guests. I very much regret that you suffered from our own lack of preparation. I invite you to visit us again the next time you are in the area--I assure you the same shortcomings will not be repeated. Thank you again!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My stay was okay. However, the bed cover was damaged and the particles were flying in the air any time you used the bed cover. I hope that we have not breath these particle. beside this the rest of was okay. Great service and we recommend this hotel because we still going back. We understand that it is an isolated mishandling of the bed sheet by the service. We recommend to check the bed sheet