“Last minute - very impressed!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My kids and I went to Dallas for a football game at the last minute and had no reservations. Homewood Suites was the 8th place we tried and actually had rooms available. I was worried that there was a reason they weren't booked. My worries were completely wasted - the trip was great! The front desk clerk, Neil, was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean. It was convenient to the stadium and any type of restaurant you could want. If I went back to Dallas, I would without hesitation stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hello!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us! We appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Dallas area.

Kyle Johnson

Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I travel, I look for the Homewood Suites brand for lodging because over the years they have consistently earned my trust. Unfortunately, this Homewood Suites stay left me unfulfilled. The problem is not with the quality of service (front desk, cleaning, and kitchen), food service, or location. The staff was top-notch the entire week of our stay. The hotel is clean, our room was spotless, and the breakfast/dinners exceeded our expectations. The hotel is a stone's throw from the Cowboys and Rangers stadium and of course Six Flags. The problem with the hotel appears to be a lack of capital investment by management/owners. I'll provide some examples. The mattress quality (firmness and capability of not shaking the other sleeper when one sleeper moves) were subpar in comparison to other Homewood Suites, which typically have superb mattresses. Quite frustrating was that the fitted sheet would pop off the mattress as soon as you moved. All night you were fighting to put the fitted sheet back on the mattress. The comforter kept sliding off the bed while we slept. One night when I grabbed it to pull it back up, the duvet unfolded and I saw a very old comforter. As I wrote earlier, we stayed a week. The first few days, we had soft, fluffy, snow-white towels. As the week progressed, we started seeing a stray soft, fluffy, yellow-white towel in our daily towel replenishment. By the week's end, we had yellow-white and gray-white towels with the gray-white being nearly thread-bare. While it worked just fine, the microwave was very old. These are things are the responsibilities of management/owners. Again, the staff did an excellent job and I give each of them kudos, but I will not again stay at this Homewood Suites.

Greetings,

Thank you so much for your feedback and we apologize for the poor quality of the amenities during your stay. This is an area we are actively examining for improvement and thank you for your insight.

Kyle Johnson

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed my stay and the staff was very nice. Rooms well maintain and clean. Large rooms and helpful staff especially Assistant Manger Mara, she was very helpful in getting me a room. Location was great and enjoyed the breakfast.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you so much for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us in Arlington! We strive every day to ensure that all of our Guests are well taken care of, and I am glad that Mara was able to do just that. We look forward to serving you agin in the future!

Kyle Johnson, General Manager

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We chose this hotel and particular location for the complimentary hot breakfast and the hotel allowed us to be near to a local attraction. We have stayed in this location before. This time however, we arrived to eat breakfast at 8:30. The breakfast hours were from 6-9. When my family and I arrived to eat, there were no eggs, no bacon, and only a few small, picked-over potatoes. When I asked the lady working in the breakfast area for more. She looked disgruntled and said,"only eggs?" I told her that I wanted eggs, bacon, and potatoes. She went back in the kitchen. She appeared to be in a hurry and didn't want to help us. Meanwhile, my husband went to the front desk and told them about the situation. The front desk clerk tried to speak to the kitchen, but they appeared not to understand because of the language difference. We waited. . . .and finally, just a little more eggs and bacon appeared. There were other people who arrived after we did. Not sure if they got anything (besides cereal or fruit). So beware!!! Just because this hotel offers a hot breakfast, doesn't mean you're gonna get it!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Kyle J, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and our complimentary breakfast service. We apologize the buffet had not been replenished when your family came down and we will work with our staff to ensure this is not a common problem. We value all of our guests and know that this amenity is a factor in your choosing to stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality service and amenities you deserve, should you return to our area in the future.

Kyle Johnson, General Manager

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our room was clean and spacious and staff was wonderful. The exercise room was room and will kept. Staff fully cleaned each piece of exercise equipment and weights everday I was there and I was impressed. Housekeeping staff is excellent, pool area also very clean. Stayed for cowboys game and could have walked to stadium but took shuttle. If you plan to leave the game early though plan to take a taxi as shuttle has more rigid time schedule for picks ups after end of game. All in all nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Bad, lumpy beds. 2 people in a king roll toward the middle. Zero recognition of gold status. Stayed in 3 Homewoods over thanksgiving weekend throughout the Metroplex, this was the most expensive and the worst of the bunch...

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 21, 2012

While the property looks good from the outside, it is not up to Homewood standards. This is an old hotel. Has not been updated and is need of a deep cleaning and refurbishing. We stay at Hilton properties for the comfortable beds. This hotel does not have the newer quality beds that most other Homewoods have. Also, I can never understand why some hotels do not make it mandatory for their cleaning staff to wash down the bathroom walls, mirror and door. Yuck! It was just old. The staff was nice, but very young and you could tell, not interested in being there. Was more interested in his Mc Donalds take out and the phone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business