“Great location for Texas Rangers games” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great location for Texas Rangers games”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I would definitely stay here again when I return to see the Rangers again. Friendly staff, who were very helpful - lots of little touches like the greeting letter in my room when I arrived made me feel that I was expected and welcome. The photos are a true likeness of the hotel. My room's facilities were as described, as were the shop and the coin-laundry for guests to use.

Note that the evening meal only takes place Mon-Thu, but the time I used it, the food was good - the menu is different each day and is posted for the whole month in your room. Breakfast is good, but as somebody else noted, ends at 9am - so don't oversleep!

There is a free trolley bus that can take you from the hotel (and others in the area) to the Rangers' ballpark and back again afterwards if you pick up a (free) pass from the hotel. This is a much better option than walking, as although it's fairly nearby, there are stretches without sidewalks. The full trolley service usually runs Memorial Day-Labor Day (to cover Six Flags' main opening dates), but always runs a ballpark service for Rangers home games all season.

In summary, I enjoyed my stay here and I have bookmarked it for future reference for next time I need to find somewhere stay in Arlington, TX.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Lots of chain hotels in the same area, and the Homewood Suites appeared to be as nice as any of them. Friendly staff, great rooms, and great location. I used Hilton Honor points and it was no problem whatsoever.

Room Tip: They only have a few rooms with 2 queen beds, so if you are staying during a busy weekend, get there...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Alex L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi. Thanks so much for your review. You are right, there are many hotels in the area! We appreciate your choosing us. We hope to see you again soon, especially for our upcoming Cowboys season! Thanks.
FRANKENMUTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very clean and fresh! Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again. Started out at a hotel across the street. What a contrast. Close proximity to Cowboy stadium. The only complaint is that the hotel does only has an indoor pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TIM M
Hi! Thanks so much for your making the switch to our hotel, from our competitor across the street. We strive to make each guest happy with our hotel. We hope to see you next time Michigan is in town! Thanks again.
Corsicana, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Let me get the bad over with. When I checked in the room and went into the bathroom, there was a cockroach on the wall next to shower which displeased me. I had already unpacked everything and didnt want to unpack so I told the front desk and went to my meeting and he said he would have it exterminated while I was out. I said I wont be able to handle that smell and he assured me it wouldnt. Upon my return it smelled like a heavy perfume scent and the carpet was wet but was better than Id expected. My concern was I didnt want to take any of those home with me and start them hatching in my house!

Also on my reservation I requested close to elevator but not close enough for noise to keep me awake at night. I had checked in at noon also. I was able to check in but the room was a long walk for me since I have a back injury and ankle injury. They offered me a double queen room but it was just me so I declined and got the king room but was far from the lobby but close to walk outside to my car. Front desk person was wrong stating it wasnt a long walk!

Now for the good. Rooms were clean, neat and pretty nice. Looks like a small apt. The small free dinner at night was pretty good. Salad, chicken and red beans n rice with cornbread. Tea, wine, beer or lemonade to drink. nothing sweet. 2nd night chicken again, soup, salad and cookies, cold shrimp, same drinks,

Full buffet breakfast was pretty good with variety of: eggs scrambled (not real), meat, toast, bagel, cereal, waffles, yogurt, I didnt see any fruit. The coffee was very good especially with the white chocolate creamer and nice to go cups to take with you in the morning.

I didnt try the hot tub or pool but went inside the area and it smelled heavy of chlorine.

they have a patio with table, chairs and grills.

Very close to rangers ballpark, cowboy stadium and six flags. Next door to humperdinks, good restaurant but kinda pricey.

I was on business and close to where I had to be each day. The only negative is if you are out at night and there is a game, it is hard to get back to hotel without driving a maze.

Overall, I would stay again...that is if I didnt bring any critters back home with me for an infestation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We’re glad you appreciated the location as well as the cleanliness of the room. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed there August 19-22 with our granddaughter and her friend. We had changed our reservations to Homewood because we had had such a nice experience with Homewood in Kansas City. Tried to check in around 5:15 pm but could not find a check in clerk. Finally located him. It is older than Kansas City property and did not have the same quality of food or service. It was not too bad overall. I would not stay there again however

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had a two-room suite. Brought my daughter and niece in celebration of my daughter's 16th birthday. Staff at front desk was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean, well-stocked. Needed to check out late and the front desk clerk was understanding and very gracious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are glad to hear that everything went as planned. We hope to see you again soon for another birthday trip. Thanks again!
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked 2 rooms for the Monday night Texas Ranger game. They were very clean and in good order. All the staff was very friendly. Garth at the front desk was very helpful. We would definitel stay here again and in other areas as well. The breakfast was a nice benefit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends